cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieve old number - Lost SIM/Email Access

mjslutpop62
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I do a SIM swap if I don\'t have access to my old My Account email address? And I can't 2 step verify with phone number because I lost that phone with SIM.

Please help!

Billy

3 REPLIES 3

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Did you obtain a new SIM card yet? If you have a Koodo or Telus store near you call them to check if they have any Public Mobile SIM cards available.

You may click here  Submit ticket for a SIM SWAP to directly request this with the Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA). And, the same time you may have your email address connected to your My Account updated with them also.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@mjslutpop62 

If you lost your phone and SIM, you will need to create a new account with a new SIM.

If payment haven't been kept for longer than 90 days. You will lose that number.

If you just lost your phone & SIM and kept up with payment. As noted by @darlicious, you need to contact a CS_Agent and verify your account credentials then the Agent will help you swap the old SIM number with your new SIM number.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mjslutpop62 

You will need to contact customer support and verify the account by answering a bunch of questions they will ask you about your account and once they're satisfied that you are the account holder they will perform the sim swap for you.

Edit:

Read the spoiler in this post to get an idea of the questions they will ask you to verify your account over and above the basic four account verifiers.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Get-Support-Contact-Customer-Support/m-p/...

Need Help? Let's chat.