cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan will not change

Niveks73
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

For the past couple of months I have tried to change my phone plan to one of the 4G plans. It says it is set to change on my plan date but that date passes and it doesn't change. I didn't think anything of it but I am heading to the US in a couple of weeks and I want to have the 4g in place as last time I went I didn't have service on the 3G plan with the US add on. I have finally emailed customer service but I am curious if others have had this issues and if it is known to PM? 

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6

Niveks73

Thank you for this. Hopefully it works. 

@Niveks73 wrote:

Thanks. Incognito node worked. I do indeed have the 4G plan. When I went to the US with the 3G plan I could not text or talk. But the person I was with had 4G and was able to text and talk. 

Public mobile roaming is really unpredictable. Data and text should be fine, but talk is unreliable depending on where you are roaming. Talk will use T mobile 2G network which has variable coverage in the USA.  Try manually selecting either T mobile or AT&T. 

If the roaming is not working well even with troubleshooting, you can contact customer service agent after your trip and explain your issues and they should offer a remedy (ie. possible refund). YMMV.  

Niveks73

Thanks. Incognito node worked. I do indeed have the 4G plan. When I went to the US with the 3G plan I could not text or talk. But the person I was with had 4G and was able to text and talk. 

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Niveks73  Did you get charged for the new plan? If so use a different browser or incognito mode to look at your plan details. As far as 4 g making a difference with a U.S. addon I don’t think it will make any difference although I don’t use the roaming addon so I’m somewhat guessing on that part.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Niveks73 hi first thing it doesn't matter what plan you are on if you go to the states it won't help with connecttivity down there,as for your plan change you may be looking at a cached version of your account status ,change your browser ,use private or incognito mode reboot device and sign back in to see if account updates also you said you emailed customer service? not sure what you did but there are 2 ways to contact them 

1. you can open a ticket through Simon here https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

2. alternatively you can private message them here                               

check your community envelope for a reply

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Niveks73 

Just to make sure that your plan did not change. Try to login to your account under a different web browser, clear cache or incognito mode. There has been a known glitch the last 1-2 months. When customers change plans, the website shows the old cached version of the old plan, even though the plan has indeed changed.  Also, can check payment history to see whether the old or new plan was charged.  

Saying that, having a 4G plan will no significantly affect your US roaming service.  Just to let you know that many customers are having varying experience with US roaming.  

The issue with Public mobile US roaming at the present time is the decommissioning of 3G Networks in the USA.  Public mobile uses AT&T and T mobile as their US partner carriers.  AT&T already phased out 3G network earlier this year. T mobile 's date was July 1.  It may take time for the different areas in USA to decommissioned. 

According to Public mobile,

PM will have T mobile 2G network for US roaming.(for talk)

Voice and SMS text will still work. 

Data will work on LTE, but will switch over to 2G to make a call. 

However, the quality of service will vary depending on the different coverage areas when roaming in the USA.

Public mobile is working on a long term solution, but that will take time.

Need Help? Let's chat.