cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resume a suspended account

kahtaf
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

I paused my account because I was travelling for more than 90 days. I am back in the country now 4 months later and looking to enable my account again. How can I do this? My login has been disabled. 

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

kahtaf

Thank you for the quick response!

@kahtaf 

If it was from PM , then there is a chance.  Discuss with them and hope for the best.

You can open a ticket with them via direct message:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

kahtaf

Thanks for your reply. The number was from PM. Do you have the link to open a ticket? I wasn't able to find it. 

@kahtaf   You have pause your account for more than 90 days?  If so, the account would have been closed and the number would have gone back to the original provider

Can you get your old number back?  Maybe.   

Was that a new number you got from Public Mobile or did you port  in the number from another provider?

If you got the number new from PM, or even Koodo or Telus , then it might be possible.  You can open a ticket with PM and discuss with them and see if they are willing to assign the number back to you after you activate a new line

However, if you ported in the number from another provider (other than Koodo and Telus), then then number would have gone back to the original provider and you have to go back to that particular provider and check with them.  But honest, getting back a specific number these days is getting harder and harder.  Many provider would assign the number you want easily

kahtaf

I would like to activate my old number if possible. I have a new sim card. Is this something I can do online?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

As others have already said...your old account is now gone. You'll need a new sim to start a new account. You've also lost whatever your balance in Available Funds was, you've lost any of the past Rewards you may have accumulated.

You now have to start with the new Public Points rather than old Rewards program.

On the bright side...you can take advantage of latest, new customer promotion of Bonus data for 12 months on plans of $25 and higher.

Welcome back.

edited...syntax

JL9
Mayor / Maire

You would have to start from scratch. Go through the process again and you would receive a new number. You could try to see if your number is still available but it most likely got picked up from the pool of available numbers already, but doesn't hurt to check

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@kahtaf if account was suspended more than 90 days, it would have been closed permanently and you cannot reactive with the same number 

You would have to get a new PM SIM card and activate as a new account with a new number 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

If you were suspended for more than 90 days due to no payment, your account has been closed - deleted and number lost.

Need Help? Let's chat.