Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I had purchased my samsung SM -G730W8 IMEI  3577XXXXXXXXXXX on June 24th 2014

under number 647-XXX-XXXX

and I will like to have it unlocked , my current number is 289-XXX-XXXX

thanks

8 REPLIES 8

@Nathaniel2002 wrote:

I contacted Samsung who asked me to contact public mobile ( place of purchase)as this phone is not a Canadian model.

If your phone isn't a Canadian model, Public Mobile wans't the place of purchase, at least not officially.  It's possible that some Pubilic Mobile dealers were selling third-party sourced phones (grey market).  However, Public Mobile can only assist you if you phone is Telus-locked.

@will13am wrote:

@Nathaniel2002 wrote:

Purchased from PM

You say your phone is not a Canadian model but purchased from PM?  PM doesn't sell phones and if they did, they would sell Canadian models. 

PM sold phones during the transition from Public Mobile's original network to Telus.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Nathaniel2002 wrote:

Purchased from PM

You say your phone is not a Canadian model but purchased from PM?  PM doesn't sell phones and if they did, they would sell Canadian models. 

Nathaniel2002

Purchased from PM

Nathaniel2002

I contacted Samsung who asked me to contact public mobile ( place of purchase)as this phone is not a Canadian model.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nathaniel2002, I had my Samsung S7 unlocked by Samsung Canada.  I went to the canadian support site, and used the chat feature.  The Samsung rep gave me my unlock code immediately.  I don't know if they do it for all models, but it is worth a try if you are having problems with the provider.

PJC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Nathaniel2002 wrote:

Hi,

I had purchased my samsung SM -G730W8 IMEI  3577XXXXXXXXXXX on June 24th 2014

under number 647-XXX-XXXX

and I will like to have it unlocked , my current number is 289-XXX-XXXX

thanks

Where did you originally purchase your phone? I believe PM will only be able to unlock phones that were purchased from Telus/Koodo.

Need Help? Let's chat.