cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Usage Andriod - Data Missing

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

Can anyone explain why there are chunks of data missing from my battery graph?

I never restarted my phone. My phone has never crashed or given any errors. All power management app settings are disabled.

sss.jpg

8 REPLIES 8

that indicates the monitor software is off for sometime, so there is gap.  Same as restarting the phone, and wait for sometimes to turn it on again, you will see the gap.  

Why it was turn off, only you can tell or samsung can tell, unless there is glitch

Korth
Mayor / Maire

The gaps could simply mean the battery monitoring app wasn't running for brief periods.

The app might need to sometimes "sync" with the battery's onboard chip.  Or it might have been suspended/deprioritized by the operating system while other apps demanded peak processing/memory resources.

You can always install a different battery monitor app.

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

One of my Sony phones had those gaps when it was off but it is strange that your 3rd gap has dropped that much if it was only off for a short period. Was it sitting in a cold car or something?

nrg_svr
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Turn the phone off overnight and you likely will see a longer gap.... which will confirm for you that's what it is. I've seen different graph styles before that show a line at the bottom when a phone is off.... but the gap actually makes more sense to me.

That said, I note in your original post, you say you never have restarted the phone. Curious.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@RobertQc, based on my experience these gaps in the battery graph have to do with the phone being turned off during those times.  There is no data and so a gap is shown.  BTW, are you doing small charges to control battery wear?  From what I have read, the number of charge cycles matters as well as deep discharge. 

I only do "mini" charges, I generally try to keep my battery between 60% and 85%, If you look at how many days that graph is there are a ton of "mini" charges.

The problem is when there is no data, not recording, like my phone was "off" for short periods of time.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

never seen that before.  what phone are you using?

nrg_svr
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just a guess, but have you done a few quick mini charges? (not FULL) Or was the phone off?

Need Help? Let's chat.