cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating from android to iphone Xs

martik777
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The plan is to breakout the nano from the micro sim for the iphone. I would like to have the ability to reinsert it into the micro to resue on the android if the transfer fails. Tested this with an old micro sim and it worked ok. Next, transfer data over via the "Move to iOS app".

Anything I am missing?

How long will the move to ios transfer take per GB? Is it recoverable if my battery dies?

7 REPLIES 7

@martik777 when doing the transfer, change both phones screen timeout settings to the longest duration. this will stop the phone from going to sleep and accidentally causing any potential issues.

this is also good practice when doing any software updates to a device. 

martik777

Yes I could do that but not sure about sms message history

martik777

Less than 4, so should be np

Thanks

@martik777 

Is your data not already backed up in your google account allowing you to request data transfers/downloads/files independent of the phone itself?

@martik777  How many gigs are we talking about?

I did a quick google search and few posts came up. Read one that said 2 gigs took about 15 mins then another one said 7gigs was going on 2 hours. So it really depends on your model of phones and how fast your connection is. 

So how many gigs do you have to transfer?

martik777

I cannot plug in the Samsung cuz the micro usb is damaged but will start will a full battery

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Can't say a time frame. It depends on connection speed, size of data etc. Simply keep your devices plugged into their respective chargers. Simple as that.

Keep the little pieces for the sim somewhere safe to move the sim back and forth if the android is not nano.

Below link may help you for transferring from Android to iPhone.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.imore.com/how-switch-from-android-iphone-ipad%3famp

Need Help? Let's chat.