cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement sim card process

Oh_leanne
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there

I needed a replacement sim card in Toronto and can't understand what the process is to keep my same plan and phone number but just a different sim card as it was stolen

6 REPLIES 6

Oh_leanne
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you ended up going to klinic

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Oh_leanne wrote:

Hi there

I needed a replacement sim card in Toronto and can't understand what the process is to keep my same plan and phone number but just a different sim card as it was stolen

@Oh_leanne , in case it hasn’t been mentioned yet, due to your SIM card being stolen please sign into your “ My Account “ & select Report Lost / Stolen Phone, then Suspend Service under the Profile section until you get a new SIM card to replace your stolen one on your account. That way the old SIM card can not be used by the person that stole it.

Edit: To fix my typos!

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Hopefully you can access your registered email without a 2fa sms verification. If not then you'll need help from support to change the sim.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Oh_leanne 

You can change your SIM card number via your self service account.

See below:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/sim-swap-fraud

Bottom of the article has the information needed to change Sim card

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Oh_leanne 

get a Public Mobile sim card from

Once you got the sim card, go to My Account from ONLY a desktop or laptop computer to request Change Sim card (please note that due to some glitches, accessing change sim care from mobile phone or tablet won't work)

After you logged in, unsuspend first if you have suspended your service earlier.

Then click Quick Links on the top right and select Change Sim card and follow the steps:

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Oh_leanne 

Acquire a new public mobile SIM card, (TELUS, Koodo, or Mobile Klinic location, or at canadiansellsupplies.com if in the GTA).

Then go under your self serve in your profile tab and change the associated SIM card on the account there.

Need Help? Let's chat.