cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace my SIM Card But Keep my Existing Number?

damianmietus1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Am I able to purchase a new Public Mobile SIM card and be able to keep my exisiting phone number? I do not want a new phone number if i do this.

My current SIM occasionally loses connection and has been very spotty latetly (tried with multiple phones). I would like to purchase a new sim but keep my number and rest of my account stuff the same.

8 REPLIES 8

@damianmietus1 

Do the sim swap in self service. You will not lose your phone number.

damianmietus1

I have a brand new phone and tried with 2 other phones, all would drop SIM connection occasionally after i had dropped the phone that one time

@damianmietus1 wrote:

My issue started after i physically dropped my last phone. I am pretty sure its a physical damage that requires a new physical SIM I just dont want to lose my current number

Are you sure it is SIM issue? Maybe your phone is broken? Can you try your SIM in another phone? SIMs are usually very sturdy and difficult to 'break' unless you physically bend them 180 degree.

And yes, you will keep existing number when you swap SIM through My Account but I would check existing SIM and phone first.

damianmietus1

If I buy a new SIM and plug the new SIM number here, I will retain the number?

damianmietus1

My issue started after i physically dropped my last phone. I am pretty sure its a physical damage that requires a new physical SIM I just dont want to lose my current number

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

You can keep your number ...BUT...lets see if the prob isn't fixable first.

What general area are you in ?

Has this been a prob for awhile or just started happening ?

Can you try your sim in a different phone for a few days ?

sim.jpg

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@damianmietus1 

You can do a sim swap in self service. However the spotty problem may not be related to your sim.

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@damianmietus1 hi yes you just need to go into your self serve account go to profile and you can change it there 

Need Help? Let's chat.