cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewal Date

Richard_13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have  question on updating my plan, my renewal date was today July 21 and I had selected to upgrade my plan. My plan original was $15 and I selected to change to a $23 one on my renewal date about a week before it was due on the July 21 but when I check to see if it updated it did not, It renew my original once again and charge my credit card $14.95 rate. So I went into my phone under the heading change subscription to select the new plan I wanted and click the  now tab but it want to charge me the full $23.00 rate and doesn't take in consideration I have just pay 14.95. So when you select to change your existing plan to a new one on your renewal date does it take till the end of the day to take affected?

9 REPLIES 9

EB0
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Phil_Adelphus 

Sorry about the confusion, as you said the best solution for the customer “Hopefully if CS can fix it this time though”

@EB0   OK, that's clearer and make sense.  In your original post it reads as though you are just suggesting to change at the last minute:  What you meant was select "change on renewal" now and then do it manually the day before (two days before might be safer):

" ...if not you can change the plan again on renewal, one day before renewal if the plan is still available, you can change it manually"

EB0

@Phil_Adelphus 

That what I said, go for change on renewal, check one day before renewal if the plan is still available on that day, change it manually 

@EB0  The potential problem with waiting until the day before renewal is the assumption that the desired plan is still available by then, the way they are changing things around lately who knows what will be available in another 29 days.  Someone just posted the other day that they "temporarily" switched to a Canada-US plan for a trip then wanted to switch back to the $15 plan but it is no longer available to existing customers. Personally I would go with "change on renewal" again but be sure to take screenshots as evidence that the change was selected.  Hopefully it won't be necessary if CS can fix it this time though.

EB0

@Richard_13 

A few customers including me have put a plan change on renewal and did not go through.

it looks like you are already renewed on the old plan $15 and paid for it, try to contact support if they can do the plan change and charge you the difference, it will be great, if not you can change the plan again on renewal, one day before renewal if the plan is still available, you can change it manually, you will lose one day of service $0.50, but it will be guaranteed it will work.

Richard_13

I currently have a $15 dollar plan, unlimited phone and text but no data. When I sign up last month I pick the wrong plan at the beginning, at that time they was offering a $19.00 plan that was unlimited phone and text and 3g of data per month and that's the plan I should have select , my bad. So when I seen under my phone account the option to change my subscription to a $23 plan which includes unlimited phone and text with 6g of data I selected that one to take affect on my renewal date. I will wait a few hours to see if it updates automatically to the 6g data plan. Good idea to take a screen shot I will do that the next time but too late for now.

@Richard_13   Last time on my renewal date the renewal didn't completely kick in for hours on the renewal day so if you didn't already try and change it again I would let it be until lunch time and if it doesn't adjust correctly by then contact customer service either via the ticket option at the chat icon as mentioned or, if that doesn't work, send agents a private message using this link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Edited to add, what plan do you have, since you're charged less than the current lowest plan of $15?

Richard_13

I seen it available in my account under change subscription options.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Richard_13  Did you get a text offer for the $23 plan, or do you see it as available in your account under change subscription?  The advertised $23 is for new subscribers only.  Yes on the renewal date it can take quite some time for everything to kick in, that happened to me on the last renewal date.  Best thing is not to mess with it until at least the end of the day!   If you select "change now" instead of change on renewal yes it will charge you for the new plan right away and you'll forfeit what remains of the existing plan with no pro-ration or refund.  Always take screenshots when changing plan and always select "change on renewal" (as it seems you did the first time) unless you need an immediate change and don't mind paying extra.  If you still think there is a problem then open a ticket at the chat icon bottom right of this page.

Need Help? Let's chat.