cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding the Reactivation of the Number

Skymartwhiteock
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone

We have two sim cards for our business that have not been used in more than 90 days, and we are unsure whether the numbers are suspended or still available. They are very important numbers for our company, and I would like to know how to reactivate them.

7 REPLIES 7

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Skymartwhiteock wrote:

Hi everyone

We have two sim cards for our business that have not been used in more than 90 days, and we are unsure whether the numbers are suspended or still available. They are very important numbers for our company, and I would like to know how to reactivate them.

HI@Skymartwhiteock 

1. what happens if you dial your numbers?

2. call 1-855-4PUBLIC, enter the phone number, what does the recording say?

3. Check your credit card, when was the last PM 's transaction? 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Skymartwhiteock 

Put them in a device, dial 611, and you'll likely find out that they can no longer be used if they have been suspended for more than 90 days.

If so, you're only hope (minimal at best) at retrieving the numbers is if the original issuer of the number was a TELUS-based company (TELUS, KOODO,  PUBLIC MOBILE).

Otherwise there's very little hope to get it back.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Skymartwhiteock   if they are very important , why would you not check the payment for so long?

As said above, call 1.855.4PUBLIC to confirm if the system can locate your account

But honest, likely not if you have not used the account for more than 90 days

Can you get the number back?  Maybe, it depends on two things

1. how long the accounts with the two numbers were closed.  If it was not long ago, maybe PM support can help if you reactivate the accounts with new sim cards with them.  To confirm how long the two accounts were close, try to find out from your credit card statement to see when you last paid the two accounts.  If not a bit over 120 days, then maybe.  But it was a long longer than 120 days, then don't hold your hope high

2. did you get the two numbers as new from Public Mobile , or you ported into PM from Koodo or Telus?    If so, then it is possible.  However, if the numbers were ported into PM from another provider, then PM would not be able to help as the numbers would have returned to the other provider where you got it from.  

So, let us know and we can advise further from there

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Skymartwhiteock 

I am surprised as a business you didn’t make or receive calls. Why the non-payment for longer than 90 days?

I can think on a few scenarios that could lead to "short term dormant" business related numbers. However, personally, if I had numbers I'd want to keep I would do my homework before "temporarily abandoning" them for more than a couple of weeks of holidays etc.

Having said all that... The op has not come back to clarify if they just didn't use the (active) lines or let them go into suspension by non-payment... Also exact time of last payment would be helpful?

@Skymartwhiteock 

If you follow @Yummy and @pmbc 's advice and are able to log into your accounts it'll show this if they are suspended (less than 90 days!!):

Screenshot 2023-03-09 16.51.24.png

In this case you'd want to make a payment around April 27 or so to allow for hick-ups like unannounced maintenance etc.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Skymartwhiteock 

I am surprised as a business you didn’t make or receive calls. Why the non-payment for longer than 90 days?

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

If you did NOT pay at renewal for longer than 90 days, your account is deleted, number lost.

If you have PM account try to log in and you will determine if it is still active or not if you can or cannot log in.

Call your numbers and see what message do you get.

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Skymartwhiteock  If you've been paying for the accounts, the account should be in good standing and just pop them into a phone.

If you haven't been paying for the accounts, they are suspended for 90 days and then they're deleted.

You can logon to the account to check the status or call 1.855.4PUBLIC from any phone enter your cell phone # and see if the account is suspended.  

Need Help? Let's chat.