cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding the $30 refer a friend current bonus offer, does your dollar a month reward still continue

Public5574
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

37 REPLIES 37

@moondrop wrote:

Does my friend still get a one time $10.00 credit and I get $1.00 a month as long as she stays for pm?

Yes, except if you became a customer after January 25, 2022, the points earned from renewing someone do not automatically get applied to your plan renweal payments. You have to manually tell Public Mobile to use any applicable points.

moondrop
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Does my friend still get a one time $10.00 credit and I get $1.00 a month as long as she stays for pm?

HI @moondrop   The regular Friend Referral bonus $1 or 1 Public Point per month is still there.

The special friend referral bonus are usually targeted to selected customers.  We did get a Holiday special friend referral bonus in December.  Not sure if it will come back.

moondrop
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Are any of these bonus working for 2022?

@Public5574 wrote:

Thank you for the helpful information.  However, how does one contact customer support.  That seems to be the biggest problem because there is a robot chat that doesn't know anything, and if I try to get help then it just goes to the community. 

@Public5574  - avoid #1 if you are having frustrations with it. But it can work well if you enter correctly, but it is tricky.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

Public5574

Thank you for the helpful information.  However, how does one contact customer support.  That seems to be the biggest problem because there is a robot chat that doesn't know anything, and if I try to get help then it just goes to the community. 

@Public5574 

There has been a glitch affecting some activations that despite entering the referral code at activation it doesn't register the referral code. Have your friend contact customer support to have it added and get their ticket #. Then once it's added and you see the $1 reward in your account you contact customer support to ensure you get the $30 bonus credit. Give the CSA your friends ticket # and the link to this thread to show that the referral code was entered and you had been trying to ensure you had got the activation done in time to qualify in time for the bonus. If the CSA gives you a hard time reach out to the community again or private message me and I will help you make sure you get the $30 credit.

@Public5574   When did your new friend activated?    Today? or Yesterday?  If it is just today, maybe it is a slight delay.  If it was before and have been over 72 hours, have your friend to confirm if he sees the $10 as Available Credit in his My Account.  That would be another confirmation if the friend referral was processed succesfully

No worry if it was missed,  you just need to have your friend to open ticket with PM and they will add it back

Public5574

Nothing has shown up yet. I had three friend referrals for a while, and it's still only shows as three, but it should say four now.

@Public5574 

The Cha-ching text comes at 2pm eastern nowadays. The $1 reward will show in your account right away along with the last 4 digits of the phone number. This will confirm your $30 bonus referral credit will show up some time next week.

Public5574

It looks like we got it figured out now because the activation seems to have gone through. But usually when I refer a friend, I get a text message I haven't received a text message from public mobile yet, so I'm hoping that everything went through okay for my $30 credit

@Public5574 

There are two PM promo on at this time.

Your friend will need a promo code 2GBBONUS if your they are going for a $35+ plan to get the additional 2gb/month but if he signs up under the More is Merrier promo by December 31 and use your referral code…no additional code is required and he will get the one time 2gb, 500 minutes of international calling and you get the $5 credit for 6 months ($30).

@Public5574   Make sure to enter the Friend Referral code

If plan $35 or more, enter promo code 2GBBonus as well

Public5574

Do we need to enter a promo code

@Public5574 

Did you get the sim activated? Or do you just get stuck on the phone number section? You can always activate with a temporary phone number and port your friends number in afterwards once the sim has full services working on it and the self serve account is set up. Then port the number in using the change number feature. 

@Public5574 wrote:

Well it looks like I will lose out on my $30 refer a friend deal then because it has to be done by the end of the month which is tomorrow. I thought this was too good to be true.  They have all these offers and deals but to actually get it or qualify for it, good luck ! 

If your friends signs up today, you will get your reward. This offer was on the table for a few weeks so your friend could get ready and sign up way before due date.

This is good offer.

Public5574

Well it looks like I will lose out on my $30 refer a friend deal then because it has to be done by the end of the month which is tomorrow. I thought this was too good to be true.  They have all these offers and deals but to actually get it or qualify for it, good luck ! 

@Public5574 

Since PM is an online service and if you missed one or two step during activation. It will take a day or two for the CS_Agent to look into and fix any problems.

Good thing I sent my sister to London Drugs and got her to get her free PM SIM, free activation and hassle free. Her phone worked right away.

Walmart and Superstore also offer free SIM and activation. 😉

Public5574

I tried that live activation help link and then when I explained the problem, they sent me a link that just sent me right back to the community

@Public5574 wrote:

I am DESPERATELY trying to activate an account for my friend but it's not working, Simon does not know anything and I keep trying and trying to get help but I'm getting so frustrated that I think I'm going to take myself and all my friends somewhere else.  My friend and I have gone through all the steps and sat down with her credit card information and all her previous phone information but it got to a part where verifying phone number at the end and just froze up. Now if she tries to log in it doesn't recognize the account and says the number is invalid. I am very desperate here because this must be done by the end of the month so I'm down to two days now. I have already purchased the SIM card and we are going through all the steps. This is very frustrating and

@Public5574  - was there is a charge for the SIM activation?

If so, have you tried to see if there are services when you insert the SIM card?

If there was no charge, try the activation again by opening a TAB in incognito mode.

OR, try this method for online help...

Click this link to use the: Public Mobile Online Activation Assistance

@Public5574 wrote:

I am DESPERATELY trying to activate an account for my friend but it's not working, Simon does not know anything and I keep trying and trying to get help but I'm getting so frustrated that I think I'm going to take myself and all my friends somewhere else.  My friend and I have gone through all the steps and sat down with her credit card information and all her previous phone information but it got to a part where verifying phone number at the end and just froze up. Now if she tries to log in it doesn't recognize the account and says the number is invalid. I am very desperate here because this must be done by the end of the month so I'm down to two days now. I have already purchased the SIM card and we are going through all the steps. This is very frustrating and

@Public5574 

Did your friend get the Welcome e-mail?

Was the amount charged to the payment card provided?

You could try the live chat for activations here

Live Activation Assistance

Public5574

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Public5574 wrote:

We are just checking maybe the phone is not compatible

@Public5574 

visit  Here link, to check it all Provider in Canada about compatibility with any device..

visit Here link to you review full information for any device.

Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:

• 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).

Public5574

We are just checking maybe the phone is not compatible

Public5574

Thank you very much. We are now activating the SIM card but it seems to be stuck at verifying the phone number. There is a check mark beside account setup but the next step is just got the circle going around and around

@Public5574 wrote:

Thank you for the responses, this is the first time I have heard that you would need six referrals to get the $30, I did not know that part of it

@Public5574  - you only need 1 referral to be eligible for this promo. One per customer.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BKNS27  😂 

@BeachNBeer 

LoL too much baileys in my egg nog and still stuffed from the Christmas dinner.🤪🤪🤪

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BKNS27  I think you're reading wrong bud. To much egg nog? 🤣 Even your screenshot says "refer friend. $5 for up to 6 months as long as your friend stays with us.

Terms and conditions below. But thanks for the Sunday laugh 😂

$30 Refer-a-friend bonus added to eligible customer accounts in $5 monthly increments for 6 months. Monthly credit will be applied as long as each payment is made before or on renewal date. Customers must use their unique referral code. Limited to one credit per customer. Offer ends December 31st 2021 11:59 EST, referred customer must activate by that time. Eligible customers will receive a monthly SMS confirmation when credit has been applied to the account. Credit will be applied within the first week of each month, starting in January.

@BeachNBeer 

Here is the fine print:

53D15681-C8FD-4151-A6C9-A6036149A409.png

To get $30, there is a maximum of 6 referrals…$5x6=$30.

Need Help? Let's chat.