cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral code

Pete973
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just joined Public mobile a couple days ago. I'm helping my wife switch to Public mobile today as well and have tried to enter my referral code but keep getting a message that there's a referral code error. Is there something I'm missing, like possibly a restriction on using the referral code for someone in the same household?? 

8 REPLIES 8

Pete973

Thanks. My referral code was finally accepted when I used the letter O instead of the number 0. When I went back my account and checked my referral code, one of the characters looks exactly like the number 0, but when I copied the code that character suddenly looked clearly like the letter O. Definitely caused some confusion initially but all good now.

Oh @Pete973   it works  🙂

Pete973

Thanks, never tried the "oh", just assumed it was the number zero. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Pete973  Copy and paste so no chance of error  🙂

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Pete973 

double check that you've entered correct digits. Triple check !

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Pete973 no restriction.  just login to your own My Account and get the Referral code from the Overview page. Make sure you didn't get mixed up with 0 or O or so

Worst case, you can still activate for your wife first.  Then ask your wife to use her Community account to open ticket with support here AFTER the activation, they can add the code back:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Pete973  You can always have her reach out to support and apply the code afterwards too 

message support directly

while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click    

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Watch carefully for ohs and zeros etc.

Need Help? Let's chat.