cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral Code reward

Sarjaria84
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I joined Public Mobile in October 2021 and also provided the referral code of my friend. After not receiving the stated CAD 10 credit, I rechecked whether the code is updated or not and it was. I thought maybe it's a time thing, as in I need to be a customer of the company for 6 odd months before the reward is received.

However, it's been more than 9 months now and I haven't received any referral credit. Upon raising a ticket the CS agent informed me that "it seems no referral code was applied in my account". The My Account page has also been revamped since and I don't know where to check for referral code. I was aware of it in the previous version and tried using the Wayback Machine to access my account's older version but couldn't. 

What can I do?   

Thanks

Saurabh

7 REPLIES 7

Sarjaria84

Thank you, will ask the CS agent if he can add the code now.

Sarjaria84

Hey,

Thank you for your reply. There's no credit in there. I will try to ask the CS agent for adding the code now, if he can.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Sarjaria84 

As per above.....the glitch I mentioned was fairly common. If the CSA is reluctant to add it be polite but insistent. A referral code can be added despite the time past and has before by customer support. Ask them to escalate the issue if they won't add it.

Once added the $10 bonus credit will appear within 72 hours  but likely the next day. The $1 reward will appear immediately afterwards in your referrer's rewards account along with the last 4 digits of your phone number. They will receive the Cha-ching text at 2pm eastern the next day. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Sarjaria84  - Were able to see in your payment history that there was not $10 credit applied?

It would be listed in your payment history, since you are within 12 months of activation, and history goes back that far:    https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/payment/payment-history

esjliv_1-1660162574484.png

While you are here, above you will see "Rewards" under "Payment", this should redirect you to your My Rewards section. This is where YOUR FRIEND would see your 4 digit number if applied correctly.

But, if a CSA says it wasn't applied...then maybe it was not.

It has been quite some time now. But if you wish to submit another ticket and push a little bit more about what you thought happened at the time of activation, then try again for another agent.

I would not expect them to apply your friend a credit from you activated, but perhaps they could start currently? And, give you the $10 reward for activating.

edit, typo

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Sarjaria84 

Are you trying to find your referral code? You need to log into your rewards account with the same login credentials as your self serve account. 

Edit:

https://telusidentity.telus.com/as/authorization.oauth2?response_type=code&scope=openid&client_id=20...

DO NOT JOIN PUBLIC POINTS. Just ignore any links to the points program.

For quite awhile from about a year ago thru this spring there was a glitch that despite entering the referral code at activation it simply did not register on the account. Mention this when asking about it with a CSA to get it added.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

If you used your friend's referral code he should see your last 4 digits of phone number on his account.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Sarjaria84   you opened one and they said they cannot find it?  usually they can just apply it back. 

open them another one and explain and see what they say, but it has been quite many months now...

open one and ask them , they usually process it without trouble :

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

start by typing : Contact CS Agent
then Click "Contact Us"
then Click "Other"
finally Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.