cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referall friend code does not work

tr1ace
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, i gave my friend my referall code and I show him where she can put the code while activating the new public mobile sim. I also ensure that she put the code in the right place and the right number. But i have not receive any notification regarding the 1$ reward referal point and she didnt get her 10$ reward. Is there something wrong with the system by any chance? Thank you

23 REPLIES 23

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious ok thanks. Noted 👍

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv 

Consistency is key. But if you have a problem with me doing so....feel free to contact customer support. Follow the instructions below....

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

blahh hahaha, no issues on in language on my end.

Thanks 👍

So, you choose to copy and paste that regardless, even if the intentional is not the recommendation and totally 'off topic'?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv 

Since you seem to have trouble with the intentions in language....

1. "To contact" customer support is instructional.
  2. "Contact" customer support is directive.

If I feel an OP should contact customer support I will say so.....otherwise the info at the bottom of my posts is for informational and instructional purposes only....if that confuses you along with the signatures of oracles that include similar info then you best apologize for your excessive CSA requests when reading their posts as well.

If you feel the need to apologize in person to customer support then I suggest you contact them by using the instructions below....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@Anonymous wrote:

@esjliv : Kind of a silly argument to take up. What you're meaning in my brain is lunchtime. If you're working graveyard then your lunchtime is like, what, 2am..3am?? Noon is a recognized understood standardized time of day. Where do you suppose the word "afternoon" comes from?

Very true. Didn't think of that.

Working from home of late, schedule is allll over the place.

btw, I did say 'around' noonish. gesh, to me that is give or take a few hours. I have the texts, I know when they ACTUALLY come in. 

Again, point was, text doesn't come in right after activation. But the next day. 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@esjliv : Kind of a silly argument to take up. What you're meaning in my brain is lunchtime. If you're working graveyard then your lunchtime is like, what, 2am..3am?? Noon is a recognized understood standardized time of day. Where do you suppose the word "afternoon" comes from?

@Anonymous wrote:

Language eh. I would say noonish is about the time that the heads up and thank you texts arrive. The Congrats text is _at_ midnight (currently, and all assuming ET) . 2 is not ish to noon. In my feeble brain anyway. It could also depend on context but time is pretty specific.

@Anonymous  noon is when lunch is for me. And I can eat lunch, ummm, pretty much between a vast period in the high noon arena.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Language eh. I would say noonish is about the time that the heads up and thank you texts arrive. The Congrats text is _at_ midnight (currently, and all assuming ET) . 2 is not ish to noon. In my feeble brain anyway. It could also depend on context but time is pretty specific.

@darlicious  - I was merely trying to express if OP activated in the AM on one day, the referer would not receive the Cha-ching text until the NEXT day.

Perhaps we are trying to get to the same point with all these back and forths, I don't really know.

🙂

And fine! I will submit a ticket again! Sorry, CSA darlicious is making me do it. 😉

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv 

Well noonish sounds like you were unsure of the time or giving the approximate time for those in the mountain time zone and Saskatchewan in wintertime.

I know -

What, you didn't like noonish @darlicious ?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv 

The Cha-ching text comes at 2pm eastern....for future reference.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious - i read it very clearly, yes.

I was going to ask if they took a screenshot. 

I have watched many a-person type something, and they confirmed it, yet still entered it wrong.

Heck, auditing my own work, i've done it.

Remember the O vs. 0, etc. It can happen so easily.

I have also considered asking if at one point during the activation process they 'backed up' in pages and perhaps some fields reset to be entered again, but this perhaps was missed the 2nd time around.

You know, that Cha_ching text comes the next day, after the activation day, around noonish ET.

So again, what time/day was the activation done, we don't know....yet...may be OP will enlighten? 🙂

Unless we don't know for sure, again, it's all presuming.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv 

If you read the OP's post:

@tr1ace wrote:

Hi, i gave my friend my referall code and I show him where she can put the code while activating the new public mobile sim. I also ensure that she put the code in the right place and the right number. But i have not receive any notification regarding the 1$ reward referal point and she didnt get her 10$ reward. Is there something wrong with the system by any chance? Thank you

While it does not specifically say they checked their rewards account it does mention that they did not get a notification ( Cha-ching text) nor the "point" and that they ensured the referral code was entered in the correct box at activation. I believe there is enough info contained in the orginal post to "presume" that the glitch has occurred and to mention that there is a glitch within the system which was also part of their original question.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Seemed like a common question and ever since I can recall...you know, one of those usual ones.

We know the $1 text refer a friend doesn't usually get texted until the next day.

And we don't know if the referee checked their refer a friends list.

esjliv_1-1643479543437.png

We don't even know in this situation, when the OP's friend activated.

So how do we know it is a glitch if it has not been over 72 hours, or friend list wasn't checked.

I suppose presumptions are common (since it is all we can do) until more info. is shared.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv 

There has been a glitch in the system since about August of 2021 whereas customers who are absolutely positive that the referral code has been entered correctly and accepted by the system yet does not register. At least one of them confirmed back in October or so that a CSA confirmed there was a problem with the system.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@tr1ace 

It seems like you are not the only member posting the same issue. As noted by @darlicious, there seems to be a glitch in the system.

I suggest your friend submit a ticket to a CS_Agent to have the issue corrected.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@esjliv wrote:

I was assuming this was the normal wait time period question or possibly an entry error.

Is there really a glitch within the system, I haven't read that today?

I've noticed increased instances of this the very moment the activation site was redesined.  What I can't say is if it's because people are forgetting because the referral code box is no longer on the first page or if there's a system problem.  

.. but I think both Promotion and Friend Referral code boxes on Page 4 are big enough and really no reason to miss.  

But one think, the Referral link is back .. except it doesn't seem to work, it could cause the missing referral bonus issue

@esjliv wrote:

I was assuming this was the normal wait time period question or possibly an entry error.

I've noticed increased instances of this the very moment the activation site was redesined.  What I can't say is if it's because people are forgetting because the referral code box is no longer on the first page or if there's a system problem.  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@tr1ace 

Yes there is a glitch within the system that despite entering the referral code at activation it simply does not register on the account. If it had been accepted you would see the $1 reward show up in your rewards account immediately after activation. Have your friend contact customer support with your referral code and your phone number for the CSA to confirm it is the correct referral code and the CSA will add it to your friends account.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@tr1ace how long your friend activated?  For you,  login  My Rewards site and you should see your friend's phone number (last 4 digits) in the friend list.  You might get the text about the referral on the next day

your friend should see the $10 within 72 hours as Available Fund i  his My account 

if anything missed, your friend should be the one to open the ticket.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@tr1ace 

It can take up to 72 hours,  but she'll likely see the $10 referral credit within 24 hours. 

If after 72 hours NEITHER of you have any sign of the referral, she'll have to contact CSA to provide them your referral code.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.