cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer A Friend

SvenRicky
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

"Combined Rewards amount cannot exceed the value of your rate plan."

Does this mean that I can collect rewards if the referral chooses a plan that is more expensive than mine?

16 REPLIES 16

chainsawcowboy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious 

That must be a nice position to be in. I have yet to refer anyone. Another 6 weeks and I get my first loyalty reward.

@SvenRicky 

You need to contact your friend and find out if they recieved the $10 bonus referral credit. If they did then there was an error when imputting the referral code. This may be difficult to get fixed because referral codes cannot be removed. Your friend would have to convince the CSA to add yours in addition to the one already on the account.

If your friend did not recieve the $10 bonus referral credit but did enter your referral code at activation then it is probably because of a glitch that has been occurring for several months now of the system not recognizing referral codes at activation. If this is the case have your friend to contact customer support to have your referral code added and give you the ticket reference # for you to include when you contact customer support to ask for the missing $3 or $4 in referral rewards added to your account.

@0PX9O4 

Public mobile does not enforce its rewards policy on them not exceeding the customers plan amount. I currently recieve on average $7 more than both of my accounts plan amounts. My account associated to my community account currently has a credit of $200+.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

SvenRicky
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

A friend used my Referral code in October and it's still not showing up in my rewards...?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SvenRicky 

It doesn't matter which plan you have,

The amount of rewards can exceed and is will be cover your bill, and how much you will earn amount left you will found at Available Funds:$$ then for next bill cycle the will take it from there automatically,

also you can review General Reward Rules - Community (publicmobile.ca)

and

How to Use the Public Mobile Community.

Good luck and enjoy the service...

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@SvenRicky 

The plan your referral has makes no difference to your own rewards. That rule by pm gives them the opportunity to restrict rewards if they choose. However this is not put into practice with the exception of limiting friend referrals to 110 per account per month. ( If you have that many you would want spread them across several accounts since its difficult to spend that much credit every month.) Any excess rewards over and above your plan amount is just added to your available funds each 30 days upon renewal.)

Once my first account's plan amount was covered by rewards I began referring from my second account. Now I am referring from my bf's account. Keep in mind that you have increasing loyalty rewards each year as well. Building a small credit as a cushion or a couple extra referrals per account if one of your referrals suspends or leaves pm will give you extra leeway to always have your plan amount covered once earn enough rewards each month.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@JK8 wrote:

@softech wrote:

@JK8 wrote:

Up to $15 in community rewards

technically $20.. for Oracles  🙂

I was thinking more of the commoners like us.🤣

I understand.. just joking  🙂

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@softech wrote:

@JK8 wrote:

I was thinking more of the commoners like us.🤣

@0PX9O4 wrote:

I'm not disagreeing with you. Rather, I'm reminding ourselves that PM is not obligated to provide new rewards in any month over and above the monthly payment amount.

True.. except there would be consequences.. i guess it will be a big Community protest if the rule suddenly changed.. LoL

@JK8 wrote:

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@0PX9O4 wrote:

I'm not disagreeing with you. Rather, I'm reminding ourselves that PM is not obligated to provide new rewards in any month over and above the monthly payment amount.

Yes, definitely agree with you there. They can pull the plug on anything at anytime, although it is in their best interest for customers to refer as many people as they can.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@0PX9O4 

That statement has never been enforced for anyone.

0PX9O4

@JK8 

If even if you have experienced otherwise in the past, the rewards terms are quite clear in this regard, so let's be clear about what they specify:

"You can earn up to your current plan value in Rewards, reducing it to $0. Once you reach the value of your plan, you will not be able to accumulate any further Rewards in that plan period, and you will not be able to save Rewards and apply them to future months."

From https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/reward-rules

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@0PX9O4 wrote:

@SvenRicky 

No, it just means that you cannot get $16 in monthly rewards if you are on a $15 plan, for instance.

Yes, you can exceed your plan cost. Anything extra is added to your Available Funds for future use.

0PX9O4

@SvenRicky 

No, it just means that you cannot get $16 in monthly rewards if you are on a $15 plan, for instance.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

In actual fact you can receive up to $110 in referrals. Anything left over after your plan renewal will be added to your Available Funds.

Edit:

You can exceed your plan cost.

Each cycle you can receive up to:

$110 in friend referrals

$2 autopay 

Up to $5 in loyalty

Need Help? Let's chat.