cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redeem points for Canada texting

Megan123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I don’t see how it’s fair that points can be redeemed for texting and calling in America but they don’t have the same option for Canada as well? 

9 REPLIES 9

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Megan123   All the current plans have unlimited Canada and international texting, only the $15 plan doesn't have unlimited Canada calling.  Do you have the $15 plan or do you have an older plan that doesn't include these?

@dust2dust

@hairbag1- The Canada calling add-on isn't available in the 611 system.

Correct, you are...thanks for the headzup.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

For the very old limited texting or no texting build your own plan there was never a texting add-on. I wish there was. It'll never happen. The roaming texting is also now bundled with talk where it used to be on its own.

@Yummy- You can "buy" add-ons straight from points. No need to convert to balance and then buy.

@hairbag1- The Canada calling add-on isn't available in the 611 system.

@Megan123 

PM has an in-Canada calling add-on for $5..you get 500 minutes of Calling to most any Cdn number. You can buy it in the self service part of your account, or by dialing 611 with you cell...you'll pay with the credit card that's registered on your account. Alternative is to use your Points for the add-on...

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/redeeming-public-points

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Huh??

Points you get at PM can be redeemed for $ in blocks of 15. So you have to collect 15 points and then convert them to $ to pay bill or purchase add-on, etc.

SMS from Canada in/out domestic/international is FREE with ANY PM subscription. Unless you are talking about US add-on which you have to purchase with real money.

Megan123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes ! Exactly 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Megan123 

there are no in-Canada texting add-ons, but there is an in-Canada calling add-on available. Is that what you're asking about ?

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

@Megan123 Unlimited texting is included in all plans in Canada already.

And I don't have points to verify, but can you not use your points to purchase the 500 Canada Talk Booster? It's normally $5.

Alternatively you can redeem a minimum of 15 points for an account credit.

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Megan123 

Not too sure what you are talking about? I am on the points system and when I log into the Rewards portal I can buy add ons for Canada.

Need Help? Let's chat.