cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G 20GB plan $34 mo question

Breadroll1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I just purchased the $34 20GB 5g plan for $21 using bill credits. I have a 5g compatible phone but live in an area where i have no 5g service, so i couldn't get data to work and had to pay an extra $28 to revert back to my original 3g plan.  I know subscriptions are non refundable and it's my fault for not looking into it better, but is there really nothing i can do to get my money back? I'm not mad or anything, it just sucks having paid money for something i couldn't use.

4 REPLIES 4

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

@Breadroll1 don't be so hard on yourself. I would try asking support for a credit due to the misunderstanding. See if they can put you back on the 5G plan and credit you the difference in price for switching mid cycle.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

As @hTideGnow mentioned, plan speed is completely different from the network you can or cannot connect to. All plans can connect to all available PM networks; even on a 5G plan you can connect to 3G and 4G networks. There was no need to change plans again, you could have just used 4G instead, even though it's a 5G plan.

Breadroll1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just submitted a ticket. I understand if support can't help me.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi@Breadroll1 

you don't have to go back to the 3G plan.

You just have to leave your network mode to Automatic or select 4G or select 3G  and you can use the network as usual.  The 5G plan allows you to use more data on the same 4G network and your speed will be almost as far as on the 5G network

I am not sure how support will help, maybe they can move you back to the $34 20GB 5G network and put the $28 back as credit?  please submit ticket with agent and ask them to help

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.