cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rectifying an account issue

D-Momma
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

Bought a phone and Public Mobile SIM in July 2020 for my son to use for emergencies.  Signed up for recurring billing, and made sure the phone was charged (he only uses occasionally). My son mentioned that his phone said 'no service'. Investigated and last time charge went through on my CC was end of October. Tried to sign in for Self service and it said the number was invalid and then got caught in a loop - couldn't login without a valid number, so couldn't get help to resolve. Was told to buy a new SIM, which I've done. Wanted to confirm a) the original phone number is gone/reassigned and b) whether I owe any money. Never got any emails about non-payment, but I had signed up for the recurring billing, so you had my contact info? 

5 REPLIES 5

@D-Momma 

BTW....with your new account for your son perhaps get him in the habit of looking at the texts messages that come from public mobile (611). A couple of days before renewal there will be a reminder text to top up the account if you are not registered for autopay. The day after renewal at about noontime you will get 2 texts. The first text will tell you your rewards have been successfully applied to the account (ie. autopay $2) and the second text will tell you the account has successfully been renewed. If the second text is not recieved then there is a very good chance that autopay has failed and the plan has not renewed cutting off service. Checking the phone for services at this time will confirm this and your son could then inform you that there is a problem that you can rectify by making a manual payment through the account.

@D-Momma 

Wow your son does rarely use the phone if it took nearly 5 months to notice he had no service. On top of the savings from the flash sale that @dabr linked you to in order to register a new email to qualify for the offer you could also save even more if you stack these promotions together......

Spoiler

Heres the lowdown....order the $50 plan from Canadian Cell supplies. They offer a 50% discount ($25) on your first month and a free sim card. Either have them activate it upon ordering or wait for it ti arrive in the mail (5 business days via Canada post.) If you intend to activate after recieving the sim card make sure you confirm with them that you will still qualify for the second 30 days free promotion if activating thru them after March 31st and make sure you have registered your email for the promo on pm's website. Then follow the CCS procedure for them to activate the sim card.

Once you are all set upon the $50 plan schedule a plan change (preferably after you recieve your $50 plan credit but you may have to wait til your renewal to recieve it so schedule it on day 29 if necessary) to the plan you want...$15 plan? If so the math will work out as follows :

You pay CCS $25+tax and recieve a free sim card and the $50/8.5gb plan. Pm will credit your account $50+$10 (bonus referral credit)+$4 ($2+$2=$4 autopay reward)=$64 You change to the $15 plan on your first renewal. $64-$15=$49+$2 (autopay)=$51-$15=$36+$2=$38-$15=$23 $23+$2=$25-$15=$10+$2=$12 You add $3 to your account=$15-$15=$0 That will cover your 6th month of service. Total cost for your first 180 fays of service is $25+$3=$28+tax depending on your provincial tax rate the total cost will range between $29.40 to $32.20.

Sim pick up is available in North York and Mississauga if you live in the Greater Toronto Area.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@D-Momma wrote:

Hi, 

Bought a phone and Public Mobile SIM in July 2020 for my son to use for emergencies.  Signed up for recurring billing, and made sure the phone was charged (he only uses occasionally). My son mentioned that his phone said 'no service'. Investigated and last time charge went through on my CC was end of October. Tried to sign in for Self service and it said the number was invalid and then got caught in a loop - couldn't login without a valid number, so couldn't get help to resolve. Was told to buy a new SIM, which I've done. Wanted to confirm a) the original phone number is gone/reassigned and b) whether I owe any money. Never got any emails about non-payment, but I had signed up for the recurring billing, so you had my contact info? 

@D-Momma   Sorry, but if the account hasn't been paid for 90 days then both the number and account is lost permanently and you would now need to start with a new SIM/account and phone number.

Edit:  BTW if you're interested in a new account take a look at this flash sale announcement, ending soon though, so act fast.. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FLASH-SALE-Get-your-second-month-FREE-w...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@D-Momma : No worries. The account was suspended for lack of payment and then deactivated 90 days later. It doesn't sound like you were "married" to that number so just start up a new account with your new SIM.

Sometimes autopay fails. That was your lucky day. Alas.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@D-Momma 

(a)  Yup, the original number would be gone if account deactivated for 90+ days.

(b)  No, you wouldn't owe any money - Public Mobile is prepaid, not post paid.   You don't get charged overages.

Need Help? Let's chat.