cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving an image by text over and over

gen_lalonde
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello

My boyfriend texted me a picture. In the last 5 hours, I have received 40 texts with the picture in it. It’s annoying...

I shut off my phone and  restarted it. My boyfriend did the same.

The phone has the last update.
I can block his phone number, but this is not convenient.

Any other bright idea? 
Thank you

13 REPLIES 13

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@gen_lalonde 

It could be issue at the other end on the device or maybe the other carrier. If the message got sent 40 times, you'll receive 40 times. It should stop on its own.

@gen_lalonde 

You could both try enabling airplane mode. Wait 5 min. Turn airplane mode off. Maybe the new network connections will eliminate the problem.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@gen_lalonde for your iPhone follow these steps:

1. Navigate to Settings>Choose Carrier>Disable Automatic
2. The iPhone will now search for available networks
3. Choose desired network

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@gen_lalonde 

I did a web search of your problem and this is what I found, try this it could help correct the issue. Others said that it fixed the multiple texting issue. I changed the info to reflect Public Mobile. 

"This is a guide made for people having trouble with their network connection, I hope you find this guide useful it helps with refreshing your connection to the network which can help with calls, texts and data. Generic Settings Guide;

1. Go to settings

2. Then go to mobile networks

3. Select a network other than PUBLIC MOBILE

4. Come out of settings and it should say no network coverage or something

5. Repeat the process this time choose PUBLIC MOBILE and this will update your number to the message centre and should help your texts"

@gen_lalonde both of you select your text apps and force close them. Restart your phones. Stay safe. 

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@gen_lalonde You could swap SIM cards. Take you and your husband's SIM'S out and swap them between phones. Im just trying to eliminate possibilities. It could be that there is something wrong with your phone. If it still is being sent through the network even on diffrent phones then this will have to be adressed by a moderator. But we still have to eliminate possibilities 

gen_lalonde

I don’t have another phone where I can try my SIM card.

gen_lalonde

Hello

Sorry I can’t always be on the phone. It was bedtime for my kiddos. 
My boyfriend has an android. I have a iphone 6. It’s through SMS. Not through imessage or icloud.

I deleted the conversation of the text. He did the same.

He turned off his phone. I still receive a text from him. 
That is weird. 

BearFBI

@gen_lalonde Have you tried what i suggested ? What phone do you have ? It could possibly be a million reasons. Try putting your SIM into another phone. I also need to know if these are imessage txts or regular MMS over public mobile. 

BearFBI

@gen_lalonde When his phone data is off are you still receiving it. Try truing his data off and keep yours on and see how long the pictures keep coming in. If they are still coming in then It must be a bug. Ive never seen anything like this before. In the meantime you can turn your data off and if you have imessage turn that off too. You wont get pictures anymore. Also what is the make and model of your phone ? There could be a chance that it is hacked but that would lie within the phone. If the phone is off then you shouldn't receive txt messages.

gen_lalonde

Please help me. It’s like a torture to receive so many... 

He is not sending more pictures. 
The only solution I found is to block his phone number...

gen_lalonde

i am still receiving a text with the picture.

it must be hacked somewhere

BearFBI

@gen_lalonde What do you mean 40 texts ? Did he send you 40 pictures ? Cant you just tell your boyfriend to stop sending you pictures. If you want to you can turn off Data and it will stop the MMS from coming in. But when you turn it back on again you will get them. I don't exactly understand what you mean.

EDIT: I realized the problem. So He sent you one picture and you've received 40 texts with the same picture he sent once. How the heck did that happen. He mustve sent the picture 40 times. Its like when opening chrome and you click it a load of times and it opens 1 million tabs. Has the pictures stopped comeing in ? is your Boyfriend on Public also ? Try turing off his data it will stop his phone from sending MMS. If that does not work then it must be somehow a public mobile issue, bug or if you have imessage it could lie within that. 

Need Help? Let's chat.