cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unable to make and receive calls

Boby_Desuza
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Ugh, my phone's totally dead to the world! I can't seem to make or receive any calls. It's like it's in a coma or something. I've tried everything – restarting, checking my signal, even talking nicely to it, but nothing's working. I'm starting to feel like a castaway on a deserted island without a way to call for help!

6 REPLIES 6

Mccor1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The fix for us was to download a new e-sim. The oldest installation didn’t work and was causing all the issues.  

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Boby_Desuza 

Update: looks like there is an outage in Western Canada. Several posts later this morning.  Hold tight and hopefully, it should be fixed soon. 

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I am confused.  You said your phone is totally dead and then you talk about can't text.  So, can you even turn on your phone?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Boby_Desuza 

More details would be helpful.  With more details, community members (customers like yourself)can offer more troubleshooting advice.

Did talk work before and suddenly stopped working?  Does text and data work?  Is your account status active versus suspended?  

Might be an outage in your area.

Check this link:

https://www.telus.com/en/qc/outages

P.S. I will move this thread to the Support section to gain more visibility and help. 

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Boby_Desuza are you getting any error message? Is texting and data still working? Try logging into your account to see if it is still active as maybe a payment did not go through. Do you have another cell phone that you can pop your SIM card in to see if it is working?

Boby_Desuza
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It's so frustrating! I can't seem to text any of my new contacts. It's like my phone has selective texting amnesia or something. I've tried everything – double-checking numbers, restarting, and even pleading with my phone, but no luck. It's like my phone's playing hard to get with new people!

Need Help? Let's chat.