cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Top Contributors - July 2020

shanan9966
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I don't know how to post a question in the community. So I ask question here by replying you. 

I have the problem in data activation after thansferring my cell phone service to Public Mobile. I tried to solve the data problem myself following the online instructions, however, the mobile data still can not be activated. My iphone 6 plus was purchased from USA. I am not sure if it is because of my old cell phone and old operating system? If the cell phone is still compatible with Public Mobile, could you please give me some clues to fix my data problem? Thank you.

15 REPLIES 15

shanan9966
  • Hi, thank you so much for your message. Following your instruction, I deleted one profile from my previous carrier. Now the data works well. I am So So happy to solve the problem with your help. Also appreciate everyone's response to my question. 

@shanan9966 I am surprised that your iPhone 6+ won’t update to the latest IOS14.4.1...it should as per:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/9to5mac.com/2021/03/08/ios-14-4-1-update-release-now-available/amp/ 

Check your iPhone update status. General>Software Update. Also check if your wifi connection is good before you try to update.

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This site might help with the APN, from their "how to use" page:

"To use it visit http://www.unlockit.co.nz from your iPhone and follow the instructions on the screen"

benfatto

@shanan9966  Something to try:

• go to Settings >> General >> About: if a carrier update is offered install it 
  • go to settings, then general-profile and delete any profiles; details for iPhones here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/FYI-iOS-and-APNs/m-p/323130/highlight/true#M24565 

(if you don't see the profile tab. It means you don't have any profiles installed)

• Reset network settings: Go to Settings >> General >> Reset >> Reset network settings. The phone will switch off and restart automatically in a few minutes.

• be sure roaming and cellular data are on

benfatto

@shanan9966  Something to try:

• go to Settings >> General >> About: if a carrier update is offered install it 
  • go to settings, then general-profile and delete any profiles; details for iPhones here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/FYI-iOS-and-APNs/m-p/323130/highlight/true#M24565 

(if you don't see the profile tab. It means you don't have any profiles installed)

• Reset network settings: Go to Settings >> General >> Reset >> Reset network settings. The phone will switch off and restart automatically in a few minutes.

@Dunkman 

Can you perform your magic? Please and thank you.

@TheGx 

Keep in mind the iPhone instructions from that thread are 6 years old. The @CalgaryBen instructions are only two....

@shanan9966 

Can you connect to iTunes? Apple will update your APN for you.

shanan9966

Hi, thanks for your reply. My phone is iphone 6 plus. The problem is the operating system only can be updated to IOS 12 version. And APN setting doesn't allow me to put more information there.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@shanan9966 Did you try the standard steps when you ported like the old carrier?- - Leave the old SIM in phone and wait for confirmation that you are porting over to PM?

- Powering off the phone then removing the old SIM then installing the PM SIM then powering up the phone?

If this didn’t work then contact the moderator on SIMon chat.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@shanan9966 

Try this:

1. toggle ON mobile data
  2. toggle airplane mode off, then on
  3. reboot phone (fully off, then fully on)
  4. remove SIM card, reinsert SIM card
  5. perform a network reset
  6. make sure you have the latest software update of your device/operating system
  7. make sure you HAVE available data in your plan (check Data & Add-on section of your self serve to ensure there's a line item showing data)

If after all that, you STILL don't have data, contact Moderators:

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@shanan9966 Everythibg but data works?  The phone being from U.S. shouldn't matter.  Which model iPhone do you have?  

Need Help? Let's chat.