cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[RESOLVED] New 2FA/OTP via SMS only could lock you out from your account forever.

alexs20
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How can I login into my account if I lost my Phone?
The SMS will go to my lost phone that I have no access.
in that case I cannot lock the SIM, I cannot login into community to ask for help, I cannot even stop automatic payments in that account.

10 REPLIES 10

Morgan2012
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Has there been a solution to this?  I note this solution was posted in May 2023.  Now, upon clicking "resend code" no options are presented.  I too do not know how to login if I don't have access the phone that is meant to receive the 6-digit 2FA code.

Please help.

KJ9

Thank you.

No, I haven't. This is my first time since then, and the portal does not give me an option to receive the OTP via email.

HI @KJ9 did you ever login to My Account since EverSafe was introduced?

on the security screen, click Didn't Receive code and check if sending via email is an option

if not, then please submit ticket with CS agent here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

KJ9

Hey! I'm struggling with the same issue. Were you able to find a solution for it?

Glad this ended up working! We will take that feedback back. Thank you

Please note: I am not a CS Agent and can't provide 1:1 support.
I do not monitor my direct messages.

Mcchen

I clicked Resend but I only get 2 options, SMS or voice mail. No email option.

alexs20

YES, it works.... but it was confusing by not showing that option by default.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@alexs20  Your logged into the community now to be able to post , if all easy fails get support to help 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Click on Resend Code and you should be presented with more options. Even though some report email is not working 😞

Kristowhy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@alexs20  Some have indicated in other posts that by clicking "resend code" you will be presented with 3 options, one of which is email.  Try it and report back.

Need Help? Let's chat.