cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[RESOLVED] Just ported phone number over from Freedom but not working

manehboo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just ported my phone number over from Freedom Mobile. They have confirmed that the porting over was successful but I still can't use my phone number to make calls/etc. And I can't login to Public Mobile's "My Account" section even though I've created an account. It also won't let me reset the password.

What's going on?!

[UPDATE]: resolved the issue by reaching out to their porting support 

7 REPLIES 7

@Luddite wrote:

@computergeek541 "that isn't a number porting issue, but more likely to be a Public Mobile provisioning issue"

I agree, yet OP says Telus porting team resolved the issue! 🙀

There must have been another issue on the Public Mobile account for outgoing calls not to work.  Outgoing calls should have worked immediately even with a failed number port.  The only thing that I can think of is the porting team being able to fix a Public Mobile provisioining issue.  Such issues aren't the purpose of the porting team, nor are Self Serve/My Account issues.  I beleive that part of the reason that Public Mobile has actively discouraged Public Mobile custoemrs calling the above phone number has to do with some customer calling for non-porting issues. It also sends a mixed signal to customers to adverttise Public Mobile as a company iwth no phone number but then to have customers call a support phone number.

@computergeek541 "that isn't a number porting issue, but more likely to be a Public Mobile provisioning issue"

I agree, yet OP says Telus porting team resolved the issue! 🙀

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@manehboo 

Your Sim card did not provision correctly upon activation. If you cannot log into your self serve account then your account may have not set up correctly either? But if you have a laptop or desktop pc try logging in using it instead of a mobile device if that's what you have been trying to log in with....clear your browser history and close it. Then try logging in by typing the email and password manually. You will need to send the 2FA verification code to your email if you get that far. Enter it but don't tap "done" or "enter" just wait 10 seconds or so for it to let you in. 2FA can be disabled on your profile page in your account.

If you stay online there's a chance a late night CSA may reply to your ticket but since my second CSA abandoned me mid Sim card swap I wouldn't count on it tonight. But don't worry they will reply first thing in the morning.

Welcome to Public Mobile!

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Does cell data work? Texting? Can you try the sim in another phone if nothing is working. What recording do you get when you dial 1-855-4pu-blic from another phone and enter your phone number?

@manehboo wrote:

@computergeek541Freedom explicitly told me that the porting over has been successful on their end. Tried rebooting my phone - still doesn't work. I did create a ticket with a customer support agent already, but this is a bit urgent. Haven't had service all day and also haven't heard from PM support.

Unfortunately, all you can do is wait for a Public Mobiel customer support agent at this point.  I can't say for sure if Freedom gave you the correct infromation about porting being complete, but that would make sense because your Public Mobile service isn't making outgoing calls either.  Outgoing calls at Public Mobile should have worked immediately and that's how I know that there's some type of issue here.

manehboo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@computergeek541Freedom explicitly told me that the porting over has been successful on their end. Tried rebooting my phone - still doesn't work. I did create a ticket with a customer support agent already, but this is a bit urgent. Haven't had service all day and also haven't heard from PM support.

@manehboo wrote:

I just ported my phone number over from Freedom Mobile. They have confirmed that the porting over was successful but I still can't use my phone number to make calls/etc. And I can't login to Public Mobile's "My Account" section even though I've created an account. It also won't let me reset the password.

What's going on?!

When you say that they have confimred that porting is complete, Freedom told you that?  I'm assuing that you've also check that your Freedom Mobile service is no longer working, but that you're also saying that your PUblic Mobile service isn't working either.  First, please try rebooting your devce.  If that doesn't work and the situation is as I've described,  please use the chatbot to contact a Public Mobile customer support agent. Link to chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Please note that in cases of not being able to make outgoing calls using your Public Mobile service, that isn't a number porting issue, but more likely to be a Public Mobile provisioning issue.  This means that in this case, the Telus porting team shouldn't be contacted.

Need Help? Let's chat.