cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RCS Chats are stuck in 'Setting up...' status after switching to Public Mobile

Jvermette
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ported over my number from Koodo and ever since the switch my RCS chats aren't working.  When I go in the settings it says 'Status: setting up... trying to verify your phone number'

I tried force stopping and clearing cache of Carrier services and then the same for Messages and still the same Status.  I am on a Pixel 6.

Has anyone had the same issue?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

Brock0Lee

This maybe a old thread but here is an updated fix if anyone else encounters this issue.  

I found the fix for this issue. I had the same issues and solved it in less then 12 hours. Should work for everyone having the RCS chat features stuck on verifying.  

Solution: navigate to here https://myaccount.google.com/phone and there you'll see your number and a toggle to verify your number. Re verify there and it should work. Remove any other devices in that list that you're no longer using also. 

JavinC

Worked perfectly for me!

williamb

if you find that RCS chat is "trying to verify your number" after you change to Public Mobile, reset your data in google messages. Conversations will still be in tact. (or at least were for me)
app settings / messages / storage / clear data

nsgallup

I know this is old but I found this when I had the same issue. I solved it by disabling the messages app which removed all updates to the app, the enabling it and updating it to the latest version. After doing this I got a message saying RCS messaging had been activated. 

WeaponH

I switched to Public from Telus and only noticed this issue today. I solved it by going to my Network settings and clicking Public Mobile 5G which turned off my home wifi. Then I turned my home wifi back on and my status was then connected. May take a few toggles back and forth. 

1000017286.png

@Jvermette 

one thing you can try is to sign out of the messages app. clear the cache again and restart the device. try signing into rcs without linking your account to messages

1000003067.png

Jvermette

The other two possible solutions I read was to leave phone off overnight or leave RCS chats off for a couple weeks. I'm going to try those next. I'll let you know if I figure it out 

BrendenBedard

I also just switched to public from koodoo earlier week and I'm having the identical issue. It's been ongoing for about 4 days now and I've tried all the suggestions listed here and it hasn't resolved my issue. I'm able to receive all calls and sms messages at least but this has been a very negative initial impression of Public.

@gpixel I like RCS for read receipts, improved group messaging, higher quality pics and videos, ability to use when out of the country etc.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Jvermette 

Also make sure that your data is working properly.  

Is calling out and receive calls working fine also?

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Jvermette 

have you tried disabling and re-enable the toggle button? I typically leave RCS chats disabled. are there features on there that you like? 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Jvermette  Try reseting network settings see if that helps 

Need Help? Let's chat.