cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions About US Data Add-Ons

BS2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I'm planning on adding 2GB of data for $20 to my current plan when I travel to the USA and I had a few questions regarding that. 

1) How soon after the addition is the data activated? 

2) How would I be able to track my data usage of the 2GB. I currently use my phone's data tracker but that's for my monthly plan. 

3) How does the add-on work in relation to my current plan. For instance if I haven't used all 2GB within the ten day period would I have access to it when I come back to Canada?

4) When do the ten days start and end for the data add-on. 

5) Does the add-on need to be activated in Canada or can I do it once I'm in the US? 

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BS2 : The line from that S dash user (Edit:  but when you visit US and then Purchase it,,, not Purchase in Canada won't work,) is false. You most certainly can.

@foreveryeg: There's a peculiar waiting period of another day to re-buy the same one. But you can ask the CSA's.

foreveryeg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Data plans start as soon as you buy them, for usage it should show up in the same place as your other usage info, it can be added in Canada or the us also if you need more then 10 days at the end of the 10 days buy another add on also once the 10 days start if it the USA package isn't used up it will be wiped from your account.  Payment you can either have your account topped up in advance or you can just have a card on file for your billing! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BS2 

when you Purchase Add-Ons right away is will working

but when you visit US and then Purchase it,,, not Purchase in Canada won't work,

and go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account, history data usage,

for more information about Managing Your Data Usage visit  Here link to save your data...

and turn off background data, to save your data.

at public mobile 30 day Prepaid Service No fees extra charges,

For US Roaming 10 day packages
Unlimited U.S. Talk, Text and 250MB Data Bundle = $20
Unlimited U.S. Talk and Text Bundle = $15
Unlimited U.S. Talk Only = $8
Unlimited U.S. Text Only = $8
U.S. Data Only 10 day packages
250MB = $10
500MB = $15
1GB = $20

How To Purchase Add-Ons Using Your sign in to Self-Serve, Account

follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!
  5. after you Add-on you have to do Rebooting your phone

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Overview Of Add-Ons visit Here link..

after 10 days for Add-ons expiry and waiting for 25 hr to re-Purchase or you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, them can Add for you,

Spoiler

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck....and Happy journey..

@pkaraa wrote:

WIthin 24 hours ..reboot your phone after the purchase. ...

Just to be clear....the US add-on data is activated right away...no need to wait for 24 hours.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@BS2...the US Roaming data add-on is "live" as soon as you buy it. You have 240 hours in which to use it. That roaming data only works while you're in US.

Best is to buy it just before you go ...better yet, buy it when you get to US. In the past, I've used free wifi at Wallyworld to purchase the US Roaming options.

Enjoy your trip...mask up !

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@BS2 wrote:

Hi, I'm planning on adding 2GB of data for $20 to my current plan when I travel to the USA and I had a few questions regarding that. 

1) How soon after the addition is the data activated?  Immediately

2) How would I be able to track my data usage of the 2GB. I currently use my phone's data tracker but that's for my monthly plan. 

Check your account Overview page/ Plan details

3) How does the add-on work in relation to my current plan. For instance if I haven't used all 2GB within the ten day period would I have access to it when I come back to Canada? You'll lose whatever is leftover after 10 days (240 hrs)

The countdown starts right after the purchase and ends 240 hrs later.

5) Does the add-on need to be activated in Canada or can I do it once I'm in the US?  Either way, but it's better to do it as close to the moment you need to use it to avoid wasting time.

@BS2 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BS2 : It's 1gb for $20 by the way.

1. Immediately

2. Check the overview page. Maybe 611 or 18554public would report the balance of roaming. You'd need your 4 digit PIN.

3. No, it's separate.

4. Immediately upon purchase. 240 hours later. You can buy the different named buckets in that time but not the same one. You would need to wait an additional 24 hours to re-buy the same or ask the CSA's.

5. Either. You just can't use it in Canada unless you're close to the border.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BS2 wrote:

WIthin 24 hours ..reboot your phone after the purchase. 

In self serve 'my account' you ll be able to see how much plan is used up. there is a delay but it is there.

3) How does the add-on work in relation to my current plan. For instance if I haven't used all 2GB within the ten day period would I have access to it when I come back to Canada?

After 10 days expiration day it ll be gone, wait 24 hours before you buy another add-on.

10 days starts when your top up your account and purchase the add-on. End is 10 days after the purchase.

5) Does the add-on need to be activated in Canada or can I do it once I'm in the US? 

It is done over the self serve page of 'my account' so doesnt matter where you are, if you are in WiFi then you can do it.

Enjoy your trip.

Need Help? Let's chat.