cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about ending a prepaid plan

EtienneO
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,
My bill went up by 66% because of the new 'rewards', nice gift to a loyal customer thx a lot! I had the cheap prepaid plan. Do I just stop paying and everything will cancel automatically or do I need to do other things?
Regards

5 REPLIES 5

Frank_M
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The easiest way to cancel is to port out, it requires you to do nothing on the public mobile end.

I had issues with another carrier years back and was frustrated with support asking me to jump through hoops to cancel. A simple port out and all was done, no interaction necessary. If you should get another charge you dispute the credit card and since you are not a client you would immediately be credited back. Although I can't see that step ever being necessary because in almost all instances a port cancels everything.

Kristine25
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Removed your payment info so you can get charged but if you want to keep using your number porting in on a different provider will automatically cancel your public mobile subscription/plan.

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@EtienneO 

You may want to contact customer support to remove your credit card from your account. I suggest you download your previous 12 months of payment history in case you need the record. Log into your rewards account and check your anniversary date. If it's soon you will have enough points to redeem for a $15 bill credit and 30 days more service from a provider who no longer values customer loyalty.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@EtienneO 

if you plan on going to a different provider and porting your current number...your PM account will deactivate as soon as port is successfully completed. (Make sure your current PM acct is active when you want to port to new provider)

@EtienneO wrote:

My bill went up by 66% because of the new 'rewards', nice gift to a loyal customer thx a lot! I had the cheap prepaid plan. Do I just stop paying and everything will cancel automatically or do I need to do other things?

As long as you don't need to keep the phone number, then yes, you can simply stop paying.  Ensure that you remember to disable autopay in your account.  Once your account has been suspended for 90 days, the account will automatically close.

Need Help? Let's chat.