cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch plans for trip to US?

MF77
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey, I’m brand new to PM (just moved back to Canada) and I’m planning a short week long trip to the US. I currently have the $29/month 40 GB plan but looks like it’s only for Canada.

Any reason why I couldn’t switch plans to $34 plan with Canada/US data and then switch back after the trip?  I don’t think I’ll be back in the US very often in the future.  Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

@MF77 

add to @golfball  comment,  you cannot simply switch numbers between two PM accounts.  So,  you will need to port out your current PM line to another provider and port the number back in to the new PM account.  Of course, some extra cost if you are going off this route

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You could technically get it back by starting a new account and/or porting if it's still available. But you can't just switch back to it as an existing customer unless they open it for everyone.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@MF77 

you have a good $29-40GB plan which was for new activation only. 

If you change to the Canada-US plan for a month, you won't be able to change back to the $29-40GB as it is a plan only for new activation and not existing subscribers (you joined already, so you are now an existing subscriber) The closest you will get to change back is just a $29-10GB

For me, i would just go for a one time 15 days Roaming add-on bundle since you won't have much use for a Canada - US plan down the road

Need Help? Let's chat.