cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about available funds

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi all,

I just future dated for the $40 promo plan. There is $37 in my account. Plus, I have $12 dollars in rewards, so the plan will cost me $28 plus taxes. Even though there is plenty of funds in the account to cover the cost, I am wondering if I need to have a $40 balance. In other words, will they take $3 (plus the taxes on $40) from my credit card. Are the rewards deducted first and then the appropriate funds withdrawn, or are the funds withdrawn and then the rewards applied. Not a big deal either way, but if I'm gonna have a $3 charge on my card, I'd just as soon buy a voucher and apply it.

GC

11 REPLIES 11

GreatCanadian

@ShawnC13 Thanks. For someone who reads the crap out of everything I'm involved in, how the heck did I miss that!!

GC 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@GreatCanadian wrote:

Hi all,

I just future dated for the $40 promo plan. There is $37 in my account. Plus, I have $12 dollars in rewards, so the plan will cost me $28 plus taxes. Even though there is plenty of funds in the account to cover the cost, I am wondering if I need to have a $40 balance. In other words, will they take $3 (plus the taxes on $40) from my credit card. Are the rewards deducted first and then the appropriate funds withdrawn, or are the funds withdrawn and then the rewards applied. Not a big deal either way, but if I'm gonna have a $3 charge on my card, I'd just as soon buy a voucher and apply it.

GC

Saw this on the bottom of the Overview page and should explain your question perfectly GC

Autopay.PNG

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

If you're still  awake late into the night on the day of the renewal and log into your account, you will be able to see that the reward amounts disappear from the Rewards section of your self-serve account and get added to your balance before your plan gets charged.  You'll be fine.

GreatCanadian

Awesome @jp2 , and a bravo you got!!

GC

jp2

@GreatCanadian wrote:

Thanks guys for the confirmation.

I picked ShawnC as the solution because there was a little more explanation in his response. Sorry Jp, but thank you.

GC

No problem @GreatCanadian as long as you got your answer and I got a bravo I'm happy 

@GreatCanadian wrote:

@Luddite, does that information still hold true? The thread is 2 years old and the latest posts are about a year old. From what I gather from a quick scan through it is:

To be on the safe side, I should have enough funds available to pay for my OLD plan, which in my case is a $135 90 day plan. Am I correct?

GC

Naw, I would just "gamble" on getting the 30 day plan. No point in letting PM "store" your money for 90 days. Who knows, there may an even better deal from a competitor next week. Except for the data flexibility the 3G plans have no benefit from paying 90 vs 30 days. Robot wink

But play close attention to your phone service during the renewal. Just last week a friend had all service die when his data allowance depleted.  A quick "Change my plan" took care of it, but it was a day early.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

GreatCanadian

@Luddite, does that information still hold true? The thread is 2 years old and the latest posts are about a year old. From what I gather from a quick scan through it is:

To be on the safe side, I should have enough funds available to pay for my OLD plan, which in my case is a $135 90 day plan. Am I correct?

GC

GreatCanadian

Thanks guys for the confirmation.

I picked ShawnC as the solution because there was a little more explanation in his response. Sorry Jp, but thank you.

GC

More detail: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/EXPIRED-vs-SUSPENDED-AVAILABLE-FUNDS-vs...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@GreatCanadian wrote:

Hi all,

I just future dated for the $40 promo plan. There is $37 in my account. Plus, I have $12 dollars in rewards, so the plan will cost me $28 plus taxes. Even though there is plenty of funds in the account to cover the cost, I am wondering if I need to have a $40 balance. In other words, will they take $3 (plus the taxes on $40) from my credit card. In other words are the rewards deducted first and then the appropriate funds withdrawn, or are the funds withdrawn and then the rewards applied. Not a big deal either way, but if I'm gonna have a $3 charge on my card, I'd just as soon buy a voucher and apply it.

GC

So what will happen upon your renewal is they will deduct your rewards so now you are down to $28 then take payment from available funds so you should still have $9 in available funds after this renewal.  Unless you receive more rewards before your renewal which will increase this balance

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

jp2

The rewards are deducted first so taxes will only be charge on the amount not covered by your rewards 

Need Help? Let's chat.