Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quebec ONLY: $35 for 20GB

softech
Oracle
Oracle

More Quebec only deal for others to jealous with 

$35 - 20GB @ 4G speed. 

BUT be careful, this is a Quebec calling plan (not even Provincial calling).  Plan details:

20 GB Data at 4G Speed¹
4G Speed¹ up to 100mbps
Unlimited Quebec minutes and messaging+
Earn $1.75/month in points value with our Public Points

⁺This plan is for Quebec residents only and intended for use in Quebec.

38 REPLIES 38

Tramway_no_way
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What happens if you go outside of Quebec with that plan? Data appears to be Canada-wide, but can you receive calls from any number while outside of Quebec?

And what about calls? Can you call numbers in the province you are located in?

This is how it works for the equivalent Lucky Mobile plan.

@azluo- It's tricky wording. We so far know that texting works as it does for all plans. We don't yet know about calling. It seems like it's Quebec only. But is it like the old provincial calling where you can call in the province that you're in. We don't know.

azluo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What does "Quebec minutes and messaging" mean exactly? Can only call or messaging Quebec numbers? Or any Canada number but within Quebec?

Michael6666
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Ok, new data point.

I just texted someone in the 812 area code (USA) and it worked!

So it seems like international text messages are included!

I don't mind province wide calling, this is great. 

Michael6666

I have Canada wide minutes add on. So that will work. 

I would like to test texting. 

Just use google maps and find a pub in Vancouver and call them. Or any business and just hang up.

Michael6666

If someone wants to PM me a number to test, we can do it

@Michael6666  thanks for testing it and report us your experience.

and can you can Canada wide?

Michael6666

Hi all, 

I took a chance on the 35$ plan and the CS agent was wrong.

I texted an Ottawa number and he was able to reply without issue. 

So it looks like it's at minimum Canada wide texting, don't have any international numbers to test with. 

@softech    Yes, the grandfathered $10 plan only has 50 outgoing texts, however, it also has unlimited incoming SMS and all texting is international.  

TBH, on the two family accounts that still have that plan, they've never exhausted the available outgoing texts which is why it was ideal for light users but yeah the value vs $15 plan has been seriously eroded since the 30% price hike.

@dabr for that, it does go backwards I agree.  I think there is  the grandfather plan that has limited sms,  was it the $13 plan??  it is still a real great bargain for sure.  But it is weird people have no way to buy extra text if they ever  go over 

@softech    I agree the allotment of data/price point for this plan is great and while the provincial calling wouldn't be a big deal as long as PM maintains it's inexpensive (and so far non expiring) Canada wide minutes add-on which could supplement the plan for national calling, I'm more concerned about the restriction of provincial SMS which doesn't make a lot of sense since there's no extra text add-on to be purchased and many institutions (banks/CC/governments) send 2FA via SMS.   However, I'm assuming incoming SMS would be available regardless of outgoing being restricted provincially.

@dabr but I guess the step backwards because the plan details with that plan is a giant step forward, $35 for 20GB.  (remember just 3 moths ago, it was still $35 for 3GB )

Not bad for the new generation who don't use real phone calls and SMS a lot.  They rely heavily on iMesaage and FaceTime instead 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Michael6666    I assume you can receive incoming texts from anywhere (Canada at least?) but would be limited to sending SMS only to another Quebec number? 

This is like going back to the future when texts (and calling) were limited locally or provincially.  IMO this is a real step backwards and I'm hoping this isn't the direction going forward with newer plan offerings by PM.

Michael6666

Very unfortunate if true. Fizz is starting to get more competitive, even with grandfathered rewards. 

@softech  That’s what I was told too: not possible to text except with numbers from Quebec. I have 2 persons around me with this new plan but in few days only. I will check with them. They have already Textnow in case.

Michael6666

Thanks for the suggestion but I don't want to complicate my current setup. I'll just stay on my 30$ 3gb plan for now until they hopefully rectify this too something a little more logical. 

@Michael6666 PM should have an add-on for this situation

But if you like to go ahead with that plan, which had good plan value, consider to use VoIP TextNow to make calls and text instead to text and call other Canadian numbers 

Michael6666

Ok, so he doubled down super clearly. Here is the response:

You are welcome. This is correct the person that takes this plan will not be able to text to any other phone number, the number needs to have a Quebec area code. Let me know if you have any other inquiries.

Michael6666

I did ask a follow up question to make a tier 2 Rep l hopefully ook over the question and answer.

Very doubtful this makes any sense and would not truly compete against fizz. 

@Michael6666 

thanks for reporting.  That would be a problem for texfing. since no add-on available even you are willing to pay

( @Lieux , tagged you for your awareness since it is QC related)

Michael6666

Here is what I received as a response.. 

Michael6666_1-1688323113128.jpeg
CS_Agent to Michael6666
15m ago

Re: Québec 35$ plan

Hello there! My name is Flavius and I will assist you today. Thank you for contacting us. 

I have just checked the situation. The plan of 35 dollars for Quebec has a Quebec limitation based on the area code of the phone number. You will be able to text or call any phone number as long as the phone number has a Quebec area code. The international text messages are not included in the plan. We do not have yet any add-ons for this plan. Let me know if you have any other inquires. 

Flavius 

Michael6666

Thank you, I've written to them and will report back. 

Clearly needs clarification

@Michael6666 sorry, we dont know

Look like the text is only within Quebec according to the description.  And there not even an add-on for international texting.  Best to message support to clarify (please also let us know the answer from agent)

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

@Michael6666- All plans except this subject line plan say international. So if you want this plan you might experience limited texting. Maybe somebody verify that if they have the plan.

Michael6666

Anyone know how province texting works? I am in Quebec and would move from my 30$ / 3gb plan but not if texting is only to Quebec numbers. 

@LitlLdy wrote:

@Brilliance wrote:

There is also another new and second Canada-US Subscription available to Quebec Only. 

Now they have $50 • 40GB & $43 • 20GB, of course you can get these plans in other Provinces if you jump through some hoops and activate a Brand new Account. 

SmartSelect_20230621_095948_Samsung Internet.jpg

@Brilliance , I don’t know why the rest of Canada is left out of having the Canada-US plans but I was told,

“Thank you for reaching out about this promotional plan!  We appreciate your interest and understand the value it could bring. While we don't have plans to introduce this plan Canada-wide currently, we'll make sure to keep your feedback in mind for future changes.

Oana 🙂

We need competition in other Provinces before plans like this will become available to all of us

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@dust2dust , I should watch my wording more often! When I’m over tired/not feeling well/stressed I may get myself in trouble that I can not dig myself back out of then *poof* I can be gone! 😞 

I’m way to slow at typing to be of any help to anyone on here anyways!

@LitlLdy- And to think some people think a company is their friend and defend the actions of a company.

@dust2dust , 

If he may have done something wrong they should have sent a warning message through private inbox instead of completely removing everything! He had a lot of posts & some were very helpful/informative!

Edit: Unless he ignored the warnings but I can’t imagine him doing that to risking losing it all!

Need Help? Let's chat.