cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchased USA addon not working

clintonian
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased the USA addon. It is not working on my phone.  I can't send an SMS. What is going on?  I needed this service today but couldn't use it.  I'm in a hotel tonight and will require this tomorrow again.  Can you help or cancel my order?

3 REPLIES 3

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@clintonian  - regular addons are for use whilst you are in Canada.

ROAMING addons are for us whilst you are in the USA. These last only 10 day from the point of successfully adding them to your account.

Once you confirm the 'text' ROAMING addon is added to you Plan Details section here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/ChangePlanLandingPage/

ensure your Roaming option is turned on in the settings of your device, and restart your phone or perform a reset of your network settings to help you connect to the proper network.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

As @cellphoneuser1 says it is a 3 step process, many customers do the first but forget the second.. After you add funds, go to the add on screen and select the one you want. As for the network you can look for AT&T and T-Mobile, the latter may be the most reliable with the 3G issues in the States. 

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@clintonian wrote:

I purchased the USA addon. It is not working on my phone.  I can't send an SMS. What is going on?  I needed this service today but couldn't use it.  I'm in a hotel tonight and will require this tomorrow again.  Can you help or cancel my order?

We're all customers and can't do anything to your account.   Go back to your account and look if the add-on was purchased correctly.  If there is extra money in the account by the same as the price of the add-on, no add-on was purchased and you only added money. Buy the add-on now.   If the add-on was purchased correctly,  enable SMS on an iPhone and disabled RCS on an Android.

Need Help? Let's chat.