cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public mobile is disgusting

Sefa006
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just purchased a $20 public mobile topup card, in the first week of may, my credit suppose to end at 5 th of june however i wasnt able to call, text or use network in the middle of may??? Terrible, no connection nothing, it didnt connect in most places. Thats terrible i was new member for public mobile now decided to deactivate my plan and switch to other one. 

19 REPLIES 19

@Sefa006 

that $15 plan is horrible... change to the $25/1gb. I know a lot of members in here will defend it, but it's not. I see tons of posts about the $15 plan causing issues with their service. if you would like a reliable service with no worries then switch to the $25. this is the cheapest an unlimited calling/texting option has ever been in 20 years. think about this, if you switch providers you will be paying even more than $25. 

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It’s unfortunate you’ve had these issues. I’ve been with Public Mobile for almost 3 years and never had a problem. I find the prices are excellent, the perks are great and the community is very informative. 
Good luck with your new provider. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Sefa006 

You need to contact customer support to see if they can reprovision your sim card. Type in "no service" and "human" and folow the prompts to submit your ticket via SIMon. Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen. Responding promptly will speed up service times but expect a reply within an hour.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

Sefa006

it never says amount used? i lost the service . thats the problem

Sefa006

i just checked  still 88 mins left for texting and calling, plus onlyy %10 used of 250 mb data?

Sefa006

i didnt even use it alot, mostly i used my home internet connection? plus texting and calling features also did not work? i think something is wrong with the service/ the connection was ok when i activated the voucher card?

Sefa006

hi i just did what you said but the problem is still persisting, i also reset network settings, reinsert the sim, still didnt work. all it does a message popups and says sign in to public mobile?

clearly lost the service. i didnt ask for help so far cuz i though the service might have a problem and it might be ok later? so whats next? can i change sim online here easly?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Sefa006  - just adding funds does not provide you with more calling minutes (if you are on a limited minute plan), or give you more data usage (when you run out of data).

So if you are missing either of your limited items that normally show here below, then you are out for this cycle, until your plan renews. OR, you can purchase an addon for the service you are out of, which will rollover each cycle until consumed (but plan data or minutes will always gets used first).

esjliv_0-1601935725902.png

But that doesn't explain why texts don't work, unless you are using iMessage(iphone) or Chat Features (android). Both of these require wifi or data to send/receive.

If you are using iMessage, ensure you have SMS and MMS enabled in your settings.

If you are android check for the Chat Features in your app settings and turn that off.

Sometimes toggling into Airplane mode then back again can help with services with network issues.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Your data may have been used up 250MB can be gone in a flash if not careful. Good luck whichever way you decide to go 

@Sefa006 

Why did you wait 20 days to ask for help? It sounds like your sim card needs reprovisioning or possibly it has failed. You have nothing to lose....log into your account. Go to the plans or usage page and suspend your service via lost/stolen. Log out/in. Resume your service. Log out and reboot. Do you have service? If not you need a new sim card. 

Contact customer support and explain the problem. Ask for a credit for the new sim card (save your reciept)and ask for a one time good will credit of $10 for the loss of service. That with your $5 credit will pay for your renewal. When you get a new unactivated sim card perform a sim swap in your account.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Sefa006 

If still problems contact a CS Agent.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Keep an eye on the envelope icon in the top right corner for a reply from the agents.

@softech 

30 days or monthly.....you do get texts a few days before to remind you to  renew. And texts when you have only 10 minutes left on your $15 account. I don’t understand  what @Sefa006  is whining about. 

Sefa006

Renewal date is 5 th of june, account is active, on phones setting it shows the public mobile on data but have no connection and service since 20 days. Redicilious 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Sefa006 

When is your renewal date? What is your account status in self service…does it say Active?

If active status have you tried rebooting, resetting network settings, reinstalling sim card? Have you tried sim in another unlocked phone?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Sefa006 

Did you try your sim card in another phone to see if it was a device issue or a sim card issue? Were you able to call 611?

Sefa006

My account was already active, purchased a $20 voucher card it worked only few days, didnt ever use lots internet.  After few days a little use then they automatically disconnected me from all services, theres even $5 balance in my account. Honestly garbage service do not waste your time and money.

Sefa006

Yes i purchased a $20 voucher and activated it through 611. Then the service seemed to be working but after few days later i got no internet, wasnt able to make any calls ir texts. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Sefa006 

You bought a pm voucher. Are you on the $15 plan? Did you add the voucher thru 611? Or your self serve account? 611 will automatically reactivate your plan if the the voucher fully covered your plan amount. Self serve usually does as well but sometimes you have to force the sytem to take your payment. More info on vouchers can be found here....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Purchasing-or-Adding-a-Public-Mobile-Vouc...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Sefa006   Which plan do you have?

Also, just a reminder , PM runs on 30 days cycle and not monthly, so, the cycle start date will shift from month to month

For calls, you cannot make calls or not receiving calls at all?   How about Mobile Data?  There seems to be some issues last couple days, you can either try to change your preferred network to 3G Only / WCDMA Only or if you have another phone around, put your PM SIM in another phone and test it out.  By putting sim to another phone, it will trigger a re-provisioning of your SIM and that could solve some connection issue

Just in case you really decide to go, make sure you remember that you want to port away your phone number, you will need an active service to port your PM number to another provider.

Need Help? Let's chat.