cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public mobile is Bad service

nelsonsk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How can I disable public mobile and move to other service provider?

Because I am using public mobile over 2 years but public mobile didn't give me any promotion. Why? Public mobile just give promotion for the new customer. So bad.

Now I want to move to other service provider. 

5 REPLIES 5

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@nelsonsk 

there are only 3 major cell providers in Canada...they keep a close eye on each others plan details and craft theirs to match. Public Mobile is about the best of the lot. Granted, they removed our Rewards...but the network itself is fine. Customer support via the Community Forum is elite in my books...faster and more correct responses than any off-shore call center. As with anything...there's bound to be the occasional glitch...maybe even several glitches...but I'd suggest you hold your nose and stick around. There might even be an available plan here that you could take advantage of until PM has a better offering for us existing clients.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Open account at other provider. Keep BOTH accounts active. Initiate transfer at other provider. Keep PM SIM in your phone. Reply YES within 90 min of receiving SMS from PM.
All done. Your PM account will be immediately closed.

WHY do you expect any promos from any company to keep you as customer? 400,000+ new immigrants are coming every year to Canada so there are PLENTY of potential customers and companies DO NOT CARE if you are their customer or not...

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@nelsonsk I know how you feel and I agree with you 😒.

I have been with them longer than you and I also don't get any promotional plans. When I ask, they decline me🤔. But where to go? Who's comparable?

When you find it, please share 🙏

ZaidM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Nelsonsk,

I hope you read this before doing anything.  DO NOT CANCEL YOUR SERVICE!  If you cancel it, then you lose your number.  Go to another provider and ask them to PORT YOUR NUMBER OVER to them.

I have only been with PM for about a year, and I can tell you that PM is the best provider out there right now.  I usually change providers to get the best deals and NO ONE gives deals to their active customers.  You either have to switch plans or switch phone companies.  

I have to say though that I have gone from 4G and 20GB to a 5G plan and 50GB data for 34 dollars.  Keep checking the subscriptions on the PUBLIC MOBILE app and change subscriptions

Hope this helps

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @nelsonsk 

if you need to port out your number, just join your new carrier and request phone number porting.  But you will need to provide them Public Mobile account number

Need Help? Let's chat.