cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public does not recognize my credentials for my account at all after years of being a client.

Max17
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can not access my account at all.  Says email and password do not match.  Have used this for years.

My account is still active but would like this solved before I have no money left.

When initially I subscribed I used a different email address and since then over the years the internet provider was changed and the email was cancelled.  Now I can not get emails from Public with the email.  That was never a problem till now.  I would hate to loose my years with Public Mobile.  I need some help to access my account and also change the email address to a new one.   

Thank you.

13 REPLIES 13

Support was not able to change the email address on your account? Or you weren't able to verify that you're the owner of the account?
If you have service, are you not getting any verification texts sent to your number? Are you able to login at all?

@Max17  You still cannot log in . Try again but use the forgot password option see if that gets you code to email to verify then change password or re use the same one again and then it should send code to phone to verify . 

Max17

Still trying to solve this

This is the danger in using email as the user id. Losing access to that email and access to your phone creates a world of pain. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Max17 wrote:

I have posted before on public but opened a new community account to get help

@Max17   message them .. honest, they have been replying quick lately.  So, you will get back in later this afternoon  🙂

@Max17  Worst comes to worst you can keep it going with vouchers and 611 . But I don’t know how PM can’t verify you with even an alternate phone number if you have one in your account . 

Max17

I have posted before on public but opened a new community account to get help

Max17

I have not forgotten my email or password Public says they are not right.  I have used them for years.  All of a sudden they are not working. My internet provider was changed and thus the email was cancelled.  I still used that address for Public but now I can not access anything on Public and that old email address.  That leave me with no way to access Public.  How to solve this before my account is cancelled. 

Max17

I did contact support but they have not helped me.  They suggested things I already tried.  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Max17 - if you have been using Public for years, do you know how to get in contact with Public Mobile customer support (CSA)? Or, you only know about the community?

IF you were prompted to use a new community ID, and this is a 2nd community ID, you can submit a ticket to CSA to have them recover your old community ID and get rid of this one. OR, is this the first time you ever posted on the community?

Have you tried the "Forgot your email" option, then follow through the steps?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Max17 

PM has rolled out the Eversafe protocol for enhanced security.  You have to start that process before accessing your account now.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Max17 

no worry, this is fixable and could resolve before end of day today. 🙂

you will need to engage support and update the new email address:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Max17  Have you not created a new ever safe ID if not you might not be able to get code sent to email . But no worries support can help you regain access to it 

Message support directly

• while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click >>>here.<<<

Need Help? Let's chat.