cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public changed my payment/billing date

Malifacent
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi All,

Over the past year, Public has changed my billing date several times.  A year ago my billing/plan date was the 15th.  Then it was the 14th, then changed to the 12th.  Now today and last month it was the 9th, and my account says my next one is the 8th.

Has anyone else had this happen?  What did you do about it?

They keep making it earlier, which means I'm not getting 30 days each month (lose a day or two each time it changes) and, if they try to take a payment and the money isn't there, who's on the hook for the credit card decline fees?

If anyone has experienced this, I'd appreciate your input.

Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12

@Swee_Pea wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Swee_Pea wrote:

If you look at your My Account it always shows when your next payment will occur. 

I wouldn't rely on the dates that Self Serve shows as the dates for the plan cycles are incorrect.  This is something that Public Mobile needs to fix.

@computergeek541 

When the website was revised it was incorrect. I had built my own reminders using an excel worksheet with a start date plus 30. It was always was in sync with the PM dates. BUT then it went wacky for a few months and I used to manually add a day to the PM supplies date. But lately it is back in sync with my unchanged excel worksheet dates. 

The renewal dates are right, but the plan duration dates are wrong in every account.  If you have a 30-day plan, you'll see that Public Mobile has incorrectly shown a duratiuon that last for 31 days (instead of 30).  This is unviersal across all accounts showing the wrong plan lengths/end dates.

Swee_Pea
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Swee_Pea wrote:

If you look at your My Account it always shows when your next payment will occur. 

I wouldn't rely on the dates that Self Serve shows as the dates for the plan cycles are incorrect.  This is something that Public Mobile needs to fix.

@computergeek541 

When the website was revised it was incorrect. I had built my own reminders using an excel worksheet with a start date plus 30. It was always was in sync with the PM dates. BUT then it went wacky for a few months and I used to manually add a day to the PM supplies date. But lately it is back in sync with my unchanged excel worksheet dates. 

My observations are that the start date is correct but the end date is the next day. One might think of that end date as being 12:01am to end the 30 prior days. But it really should be the last day for 11:59pm. Or if they said something like the old system to pay before that day. That also works.

@Swee_Pea wrote:

Malifacent
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks so much everyone!

That makes perfect sense.  🙂 

Swee_Pea

Swee_Pea

@Outdoorsman wrote:

@Malifacent hi that is because you are on a 30 day cycle you will lose a day in months that have 31 days 

But gain on months with 28 or 29 days. Overall if you want to consider a loss ... it’s 5 days  year. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Malifacent   add to what said above, here are the upcoming payment dates given that today is your cycle start date:

Payment date Actual Cycle date

Dec 9, 2022 
Dec 09, 2022 - Jan 07, 2023
Jan 8, 2023 
Jan 08, 2023 - Feb 06, 2023
Feb 7, 2023 
Feb 07, 2023 - Mar 08, 2023
Mar 9, 2023 
Mar 09, 2023 - Apr 07, 2023
Apr 8, 2023 
Apr 08, 2023 - May 07, 2023
May 8, 2023 
May 08, 2023 - Jun 06, 2023
Jun 7, 2023 
Jun 07, 2023 - Jul 06, 2023
Jul 7, 2023 
Jul 07, 2023 - Aug 05, 2023

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Links to days calculator:

Nov. 09 to Dec. 08 = 30 days 

-> then Dec. 09th payment date

Dec. 09 to Jan. 07 = 30 days

-> so Jan. 08th payment date is also right

There were errors with the dates a while back,  but that has been fixed from what I can tell. You can use the calculator to check other months to confirm as well. 

As for credit card decline fee, I guess you mean “over limit” fee on the CC side. I think you can ask the card issuer to prevent your card from ever going above its credit limit, then you don't have to worry about over limit fees at all. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Malifacent 

Public Mobile did not change your billing date.

You chose a mobile service provider that renews on rotating 30-day cycles from the date of activation, not based on calendar months.

There are 12 - 30-day cycles in every calendar year plus 5 1/4 extra days, thus the leap year.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Malifacent wrote:

Hi All,

Over the past year, Public has changed my billing date several times.  A year ago my billing/plan date was the 15th.  Then it was the 14th, then changed to the 12th.  Now today and last month it was the 9th, and my account says my next one is the 8th.

Has anyone else had this happen?  What did you do about it?

They keep making it earlier, which means I'm not getting 30 days each month (lose a day or two each time it changes) and, if they try to take a payment and the money isn't there, who's on the hook for the credit card decline fees?

If anyone has experienced this, I'd appreciate your input.

Thanks!

PM plan is 30 days not a monthly, that's why the payment date is different than last on. 

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@Malifacent hi that is because you are on a 30 day cycle you will lose a day in months that have 31 days 

Need Help? Let's chat.