cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public account deactivated

sevepozzo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, 

My public mobile account was rightfully deactivated, but I want to keep the phone number I had.

How can I know if that phone number was already recycled as I don't seem to be able to get a port number request to go through?

Thank you

13 REPLIES 13

sevepozzo

Thank you sooooo much! I will do that!

@sevepozzo wrote:

Yes, it is 604 352. Thanks so much for trying

@sevepozzo 605-352 is a Rogers owned number.  The number would have been returned to Rogers once the account is closed (due to nonpayment for 90 days).  

So  you have to check with Rogers and Fido and see if they can re-assign you the number if you activate with them.  But honest ,it is hard these days.  Good Luck

sevepozzo

I am supposed to be in Canada in 3 weeks. I am so annoyed at my bad timing 

sevepozzo

Yes, it is 604 352. Thanks so much for trying

That's a whole other level of complication if you're currently not in Canada.

But if you give us the first 6 digits of the number we can tell you who "owns" it. If it's only been a few days after the 90 days of suspension (120 days from last payment) then there's a way outside chance Public could keep it for you after an activation. But that complication...

@sevepozzo  - no calling Public Mobile agents, all communications is from messaging.

Public Mobile Representatives customer support agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

If you don't have an account any longer you will need to use the 2nd option in the above link to private message CSA. You could see what they could do for you, but don't get your hopes up.

Good luck.

sevepozzo

oh, then that I know who the original provider was, so I might call them.

sevepozzo

Well it has been more than 90 days. I am just hoping I can get the number so way. I made a port request in a very bad timing and it didn't go through. Anyone knows how I can call Public Mobile from overseas, please?

Thank you both, I appreciate your help on this.

@sevepozzo wrote:

It has been a few days. The number doesn't seem to have been assigned to someone, so I just want to see if there is a solution for me to still have that phone number.

@sevepozzo  a few days after you lost services on your phone due to nonpayment?

Then you phone number is still yours. Make a manual payment to reactivate the account. 

OR, a few days after 90 days of nonpayment?

Then the number has been sent back to the pool of numbers to whatever provider it originally belonged to.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If your account has been suspended for 90+ days, your account is closed, number lost.

If your account is suspended <90 days, in order to keep your number you have to make PM account active, sign up with other provider and initiate porting of your PM number.

BOTH account have to be active in order to transfer number. Cheapest way is to lower your plan to $15, pay for 30 days and in the mean time open another account at competition and port number out.

@sevepozzo the only way to port your number is to reactivate your account even with the 15 dollar plan unless your going to koodo or telus  they will do it without reactivation

sevepozzo

It has been a few days. The number doesn't seem to have been assigned to someone, so I just want to see if there is a solution for me to still have that phone number.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@sevepozzo hi you cannot port a number if suspended or deactivated after 90 days how long has it been? you could always call the number to see if someone answers 

Need Help? Let's chat.