ecashmore
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How wonderful would it be if we could:

- Make payments 

- See our usage 

- Update our account information 

- Purchase add ons 

- Do more 

All by just opening an app on your phone? 

I’d love to see one app for our account and one app for the community, or find a way to merge them together. ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

18 REPLIES 18

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@srlawren 

I'm lucky I tagged it when I did. I miss that option it made it so easy to find helpful posts for others especially if you can't remember the subject title or the board it is in as I find it much more difficult to search for specific threads with the new forum.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

@darkomega wrote:

It'll never happen, heck they have poor communication as it is, just imagine the nightmare any app they developed would be, so in a way, it's a good thing one doesn't exist.

HI @darkomega   Have faith with PM, if they are making one , it will be perfect, I know   🤣

HI @ecashmore   for now, the best App from Tier 3 providers would be Lucky Mobile , their app is "Award winning".  So, if app is an important factor for you,  Lucky is the one to go with.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious thanks for the tag and linking to my app workaround 🙂

@ecashmore do note that this is only an option on Android.  On iPhone your best bet is probably to save the shortcut to your home screen and have it open in the browser. [This also is an option on Android, though I prefer the Hermit Lite app approach detailed in the post that darlicious linked.]

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

darkomega
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It'll never happen, heck they have poor communication as it is, just imagine the nightmare any app they developed would be, so in a way, it's a good thing one doesn't exist.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ecashmore 

If you are really keen on a pm app you can basically make your own with this workaround posted by @srlawren. Once you are finished show us your result!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Very-Partial-workaround-for-lack-of-PM-Mo...

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

They have an App… it’s called Self Serve. If you need it to be an icon in your Home Screen save the website to your Home Screen. Then push the button and log in. Easy. I never completely understand the need for “an App”…..

AE_Collector

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

While that would be nice I am ok with “as is”. If money is to be spent there, is a long list of stuff just to correct and a list of common sense requests in My Account and My Rewards  for additions. 

So I would fall off my chair if a full functioning app appeared.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ecashmore  -

Current self serve has everything you are listing and more.

I see the allure of a mobile app; but really I think keep improving what is available to us, as there are always tweaks for improvements in Self Serve...now My Rewards! ...for starters...go back to one account please. 😃

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ecashmore  We have to keep in mind Public Mobile give us a lot for less , by means of paying less. They keep their costs low, by not having an app. It works and, we get good deals. 

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ShawnC13 wrote:

This has been asked for as long as I have been here and I don't see one coming.  A couple of years ago now Koodo got rid of their app.  I don't do much from my phone so not sure if there has been any improvement in the self-serve while on a mobile device.  

I agree that this is probably not coming, but Koodo is a post-paid service while PM is pre-paid and there is bigger need to have an app or ate least 'mobile friendly' site to buy add-ons or something else. We can only dream about it I guess. 

@softech wrote:

@Yummy   true, like the Data Witness PM was done by members

But for My Account, you will need to put in your credentials in the app, I would be more careful if the app is developed by members and not by PM.

Oh, well. Development is only part of the deal. Like muscle work. All vetting HAS to be done by PM management confirming no back doors or similar hacks are in the code.

@Yummy   true, like the Data Witness PM was done by members

But for My Account, you will need to put in your credentials in the app, I would be more careful if the app is developed by members and not by PM.

@BKNS27 wrote:

@ecashmore 

This was a request I put in but the cost for developing and maintaining the app will be high. The cost will be charged to members. 😭

I am SURE there are at least few talented app developers here who would probably be able to dedicate few hours per week to develop such app. And if somebody would be able to think out of box that could happen. Cost would be eternal glory and maybe a year of free PM service. Alas...

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It seems to me that they use this to differentiate between the 3 brands (Telus, Koodo, Public), as the cheaper 2 brands do not have a self-serve app. Only the top tier has the self serve app.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ecashmore   Yes, Telus does not have much interest with Apps, as @ShawnC13  pointed out, they even "killed" Koodo app couple years ago.  I was with Koodo and I was surprise.

But... these days, many apps just a shell of their Mobile site anyway.  So, I guess as long as My Account is mobile friendly, it will be good enough (but at the moment, it is far from that goal)

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@ecashmore 

This was a request I put in but the cost for developing and maintaining the app will be high. The cost will be charged to members. 😭

@ecashmore wrote:

How wonderful would it be if we could:

- Make payments 

- See our usage 

- Update our account information 

- Purchase add ons 

- Do more 

All by just opening an app on your phone? 

I’d love to see one app for our account and one app for the community, or find a way to merge them together. ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

Sorry, but there are currently no immediate plans for any type of Public Mobile app.  I've seen other carrier's apps and they are almost always nothing more than a standalone browser with only the ability to go to one website (the carrier's self serve website).  The same could essentially be done by using a browser shortcut using your favorite phone web browser. Carriers have been moving away from such apps and discontinuing them.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

This has been asked for as long as I have been here and I don't see one coming.  A couple of years ago now Koodo got rid of their app.  I don't do much from my phone so not sure if there has been any improvement in the self-serve while on a mobile device.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.