cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile app not compatible with LG G4?

Pierre-André
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all

I am trying to complete the activation of my new service and I cannot download the Public Mobile app on my phone, Google Play telling me that it will not work on my device! Any idea on how I can solve this issue?

Thanks a lot!

4 REPLIES 4

Pierre-André
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You're right. And my phone cannot go any further than android 6. I will have to use the cell phone from somebody else. I have been confirmed by a tech support (and other people) that it is feasable... Thanks for your help anyway.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Pierre-André   According to Google Play the app needs Android 8 or newer.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Pierre-André could be the OS version as there is minimum requirements or could be because your App Store is not  linked to Canada, which is a requirement

Best to ask a friend to help to download the appand help with the activation .  Once activated, you can access everything using browser.  But be really careful if you are trying to activate eSIM.  Make sure your phone stop from the steps about eSIM installation (disallow the app from installing eSIM)

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Pierre-André 

If the app isn't compatible with your phone, you may need to use another android phone to do the sign up and then just return to your phone when you're done.

EDIT Check your mail box top right corner. Can't say this will work but might. 

Need Help? Let's chat.