cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems porting landline telephone number

spud_18
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@CS_Agent When I tried to submit a landline number to transfer/port, it says this number cannot be transferred??  We were told by an agent for Public Mobile that it was possible to port a landline number and hence we did the Public Mobile set-up.  Now we cannot port??

18 REPLIES 18

spud_18

Thanks for your help. I was finally able to submit a request to transfer the landlines number after multiple attempts on different browsers. There is something definitely wrong with this platform/process as the error messages coming from the system are not reliable or incorrect. It seems "buggy".

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello,

Thanks for all the support, and as well as for visiting the community, please help us out by double-checking your inbox on your community profile, in case one of our customer services agents have answered to your ticket.

Have a great day.

Thanks
Public Mobile Team.

Grinch
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Take a PM number. 
Make sure your Bell account is active. 
Contact a CSA to help complete. 

@spud_18   I saw you said the Koodo porting eligibility test confirmed your phone can be ported

Please open a ticket with PM support and provide them the number you want to port.  Ask them to help you to submit the porting request as you encountered the problem on the website (tell them it passes the Koodo porting eligibility test)

Message support here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you 

spud_18

No I didn't request porting when I activated in the original set up. My plan was to activate first the use the transfer process on the print screens you sent and the error message said my landlines number could bot be transferred so I am currently registered with the temporary mobile number I received at activation.

@spud_18  so, you didn't request porting when you activate?

did you try to use Transfer Phone number from My Account's Profile page and got into the error?  if you did, what exact was the error message?

How many time you tried using that Transfer number page?

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/profile/transfer-phone-numberhttps://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/profile/transfer-phone-number

spud_18

Yes PM phone is working (able to call and receive calls/texts msg)

spud_18

already signed up, paid and activated - now trying to arrange transfer

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Did you sign up already and are now doing the transfer? Or are you in the middle of signing up and wanting to do the transfer?

hi @spud_18  it says cannot not , maybe because you already requested

is your PM sim card working for outbound calls now? you pretty much done the activation (and PM charged you)?

spud_18

Porting from Bell - the link from others suggests it can be ported but when doing the PM transfer request, it says it cannot be ported

spud_18

the link says the number can be ported

HI @spud_18   yes, it will work.  Any number, it tells you if you can port into Koodo and PM

spud_18

this link is asking me to enter my 10 digit mobile number but I am porting from a landline. will that verification method still work?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @spud_18  

check the availability here: https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/checkSingle.do

and which Pm agent told you it can be ported, did he ask your phone number and check?

spud_18

we are porting from Bell and we were told by PM that it was possible to port from landlines. how do I verify portability?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You can port landline numbers. But some numbers can't be ported from anywhere. Check the link.

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do

Grinch
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Porting a land line can take a week or do. Did you verify the number as portable? 

What carrier are you porting from?

Need Help? Let's chat.