cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call forwarding from my landline to my cell phone - PROBLEM

AnneMarie1111
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Trying to forward my calls from my landline (Oxio) to my cell phone.  It goes directly to my voicemail on my cell phone. How come my cell does not ring?  Oxio said to call PM as  Oxio checked everything and all is good on their end. Please help!

5 REPLIES 5

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Sometimes the routing of a forwarded call ends up stripping or mangling the caller ID info, in such a way that the call may show up from "Unavailable" or "anonymous" to your Public Mobile cell phone.

If your phone is set to block or reject calls from unknown or anonymous callers, this will cause them to be immediately sent to voicemail.

So, check that any setting to block unknown/anonymous calls is disabled... just an idea...

funpig1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@AnneMarie1111 

Try call forwarding another phone number (e.g. another PM, Telus or Rogers number)  to your PM number to see if that works. That will confirm that ut is an Oxio-PM issue.

Also try call forwarding the Oxio number to a different number to see if the call forwarding works.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@AnneMarie1111 wrote:

Trying to forward my calls from my landline (Oxio) to my cell phone.  It goes directly to my voicemail on my cell phone. How come my cell does not ring?  Oxio said to call PM as  Oxio checked everything and all is good on their end. Please help!

Try submitting a support ticket using the chat symbol on the lower right corner of the web page.

AnneMarie1111
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am able to receive normal calls

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@AnneMarie1111 , there are ongoing issues with the calling function.  Are you able to receive normal non forwarded calls?  I am thinking out loud here that maybe the forwarding is working but calling problem is causing the call to go straight to voicemail.  

Need Help? Let's chat.