cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Prepaid Credit and Gift Cards for Public Mobile Plans

ZanderD
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m setting up a mobile plan with Public Mobile and need to know which types of prepaid credit cards or gift cards are accepted for payment and account setup. Specifically, I’m interested in using prepaid Visa, Mastercard, or other gift cards. Are these compatible, or is there another method I should consider?

I’m located in Ontario, Canada.

Thank you for your help!

8 REPLIES 8

bill_rb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My neighbor uses the Koho credit card which was previously mentioned, he's been using it for over 1.5 years with no problems

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ZanderD 

You can consider getting a Koho card. It's fairly simple to set up and the card arrives in the mail in 5 business days. Or after getting set up you can "redeem" the Neo card offer in the rewards account that offers up to $100 cash back on your first Public Mobile payment.

More info here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Exciting-New-Reward-Up-to-100-Cashback-...

ZanderD

I might try a Vanilla MasterCard then. I was hoping for a more certain way to subscribe to a plan, though. Thanks for the information!

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@ZanderD 

Most people say those Vinalla Mastercard work. Unfortunately,  they are sometimes hit and miss. No guarantees.

You can also use Visa Debit,  for a while back TD Visa debit clients were having difficulties.  Not sure if that has since been resolved. 

Screenshot_20240617_193002_Gallery.jpg

ZanderD

Can I use a digital wallet like PayPal, Apple Pay, or Google Wallet? Are there any workarounds?

ZanderD

I have not set up my account yet. I was hoping to use a prepaid credit card or a similar method for payment.

Neil11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you are not on AutoPay with a CC or debit card for future trouble free monthly payments then purchase a voucher and dial 611 to enter the voucher number. 

EB0
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Many customers had issues with prepaid visa and Mastercard, it’s recommended to used real Canadian credit card.

Gift card are not accepted.

Need Help? Let's chat.