cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems creating self-serve account

Alejandra
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Hi all - I sent the following message to the mods on Thursday, with no response yet.  Anyone here have any suggestions:

I've recently signed my daughter up for a Public Mobile account (50 minutes/50 texts).  I wanted to sign her up for a PM self-serve account so we can track the number of texts sent each month.  When I tried to create an account, it says one already exists for her number.  I don't think we created an account for this number.  I also tried to check if by some chance there is a PM account associated with my daughter's number, but when I enter her email address it says that no account is associated with that email address.  Is there a way to find out what the issue is so we can create a PM self-serve account for her?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Alejandra

We activated it online.  I don't recall if I was asked for an e-mail address to set up, but in any event I've tried all of the emails that it could possibly have been and the system tells me they are incorrect (but also tells me that there is already an email associated with her number when I try to create a new self-serve account).  I have received a response from the moderators now, so hopefully they are able to help.  

Han_15

If I am correct, your self-serve account is created when you activate the SIM card, there is no need to create a self-serve account by yourself. The email address that you use for SIM activation is your username and the password is the password. If you forget this password, you can try forget the password option to get it back.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Alejandra wrote:

Hi,

Hi all - I sent the following message to the mods on Thursday, with no response yet.  Anyone here have any suggestions:

I've recently signed my daughter up for a Public Mobile account (50 minutes/50 texts).  I wanted to sign her up for a PM self-serve account so we can track the number of texts sent each month.  When I tried to create an account, it says one already exists for her number.  I don't think we created an account for this number.  I also tried to check if by some chance there is a PM account associated with my daughter's number, but when I enter her email address it says that no account is associated with that email address.  Is there a way to find out what the issue is so we can create a PM self-serve account for her?

Thanks.

How did you activate the account?  Was it at home or through a retailer?  If it was at home you would have had to create a self serve account to activate the SIM.  If it was at a retailer i am wondering if they create a self serve but didn't tell you.  The mod response time is still 48 hours or so,and they should be getting back to you soon.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Alejandra

It will take up to 48 hours for moderator to response to your message.

You may get a reply today.

Need Help? Let's chat.