cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant texts telling me I can't send texts when I'm not trying to

Sheephard
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've seen similar problems, but nothing that solved for me. I'm roaming in the US now with a data only plan. I know I can't make calls or texts. However, I am getting strings of text messages from 611 - like 8 in a 10 minute span - telling me "Sorry, your plan does not include sending texts while in the US. Incoming texts are included. To add a US Roaming Add-On, visit selfserve.publicmobile.ca"

I'm not trying to send any texts. I know I can disable notifications, but I'd rather fix the issue than ignore it. 

1 REPLY 1

@Sheephard wrote:

I've seen similar problems, but nothing that solved for me. I'm roaming in the US now with a data only plan. I know I can't make calls or texts. However, I am getting strings of text messages from 611 - like 8 in a 10 minute span - telling me "Sorry, your plan does not include sending texts while in the US. Incoming texts are included. To add a US Roaming Add-On, visit selfserve.publicmobile.ca"

I'm not trying to send any texts. I know I can disable notifications, but I'd rather fix the issue than ignore it. 

This is likely an automated SMS message sent out by your phone after turning it on.  Unfortunately, your phone will continue attempting to send the SMS message until it is successful.  Yould could possibly block your messaging app from sending outgoing SMS messages (permission settings) or you could block the incoming text messages from Public Mobile, but you'll need to remember (and know how to) reverse the changes later on.

Need Help? Let's chat.