cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any other ways to save (without getting lower $ package) ? Looking for suggestions.

paulie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello Fellow PM members!

Any other ways to save (without getting lower $ package) ? Looking for suggestions.

Here are my details so you see what I have set up for myself and if you find it useful for your own set up:

Fall 2016 Promo, $38/month (autopay)

Unlmtd prov wide calling, 4GB/data

400 min Intl Long Distance, one time cost $15

(call anywhere in Canada or USA when in Canada)

I bought this for hassle free travel within Canada and if anyone was calling me out of province. So far the minutes are unused, but good chance I will be travelling within Canada this summer.

Using  old Freephoneline number (aka Fongo) primarily to handle voice mail (I have PM number forwarded to FPL – then use voicemail to email option on FPL to send voice mail to my email address). Could use for calling in WiFi only situations.

60 min/month World Skype Calling, this is included in Office 365 subscription.  It was 5 accounts for $80/year (bought on promo-September 2016). To calculate cost for calling is difficult since the $80/year includes all the office apps (word, excel, outlook). I hardly use the minutes,  but could come in handy for global travel as well. Could use for calling  in WiFi only situations.

What’sApp – its free !   Again nice to use in WiFi only situations. Can connect with my friends/contacts at any time as long as there is data connection.

Gmail account (for Hangouts) – again free and have used the free calling there (long ago), but have not used for a few years now.

Are there other possible ways to save without going with a very basic plan talk/text plan?   I still need mobile data (GPS, email, google searches).  I think I have it to lowest possible $ considering the coverage PM has.

9 REPLIES 9

Tiffiny
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Refer lots of friends. Loyalty credits on the anniversary of when you signed up. Auto pay helps a bit and you can answer questions here.

Welcome to public mobile also participating in community will save you little bit more
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

leandrofontp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there, yes , I am a new member, and i already got a discount by reffering a friend also through the auto pay sytem, this service is awesome

jpar

@will13am wrote:

I would add leveraging google voice for free North America calls.  I am lucky enough to have my Canadian number registered with google.  All my calls route through google voice so they appear as a local to Public Mobile.  Saves the need to buy a long distance add-on.  

I thought Google Voice was US-only?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I would add leveraging google voice for free North America calls.  I am lucky enough to have my Canadian number registered with google.  All my calls route through google voice so they appear as a local to Public Mobile.  Saves the need to buy a long distance add-on.  

Community work will lower few bucks then you already have autopay then another 6 dollars on 90 days and if you refer few you see
That's s beauty of public mobile first great service awesome reception then user have lots of option to lower their bills as well not that many companies offer that now days
It's a one of kind with great future and features
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

paulie

Ah yes !    the Rewards !    Good reminder !

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@paulie

I would just say...

Keep being active in this community and earn community rewards.  Find friends to refer and get $1/month off for each.  If you're still with PM by late this year, then you'll get another $1 reduction for loyalty.

From all the rewards, I've reduced my cost down to $33/month, sometimes even less.  Smiley Happy

Need Help? Let's chat.