cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with internet connection

Sabina1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have bought public mobile on 13 january, 2022. First two three days internet worked nicely. But now i am facing difficulties. Like, though i have 2 GB internet but i cannt use it,

6 REPLIES 6

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Sabina1 wrote:

I have bought public mobile on 13 january, 2022. First two three days internet worked nicely. But now i am facing difficulties. Like, though i have 2 GB internet but i cannt use it,

@Sabina1  - I am going to take your wording a bit different, as others have answered or directed you in methods to help other ways.

Both Wi-Fi and mobile data do essentially the same thing, and work together to let you access the internet, anytime, anywhere. 

The advantage is that, while Wi-Fi only works within the range of a router(modem), with your data plan, you can access the internet on anywhere within range of a network signal.

So, were you using the Internet through a Wifi signal? Then after a few days went outside of a Wifi area and could not use your data, which would be required to access internet?

To use your data you must make sure your data option is turned on in the options/settings of your phone.

So, if this is your situation, try enabling data when you are outside of a Wifi area (or turn off your Wifi to test).

If still doesn't work, perform a reset of the device's network settings.

If still doesn't work, check your APN settings: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles?q=apn

Of course, all above means you have to be showing a data line in your Overview section of your Self Serve account to work as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sabina1 

maybe you used all data , go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account,history usage,

for more information about Managing Your Data Usage visit  Here link to save your data...

and turn off background data, to save your data.

when your data limit used all, is will be off until next renewal cycle,

at public mobile 30 day Prepaid Service No fees extra charges...

guitarpickr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Sabina, your concern is a bit vague to respond to it properly. A couple of things may have happened to cause you this grief. If the phone is new and you were not at a Wi-Fi location sometimes all the downloads can use up all of your data at once for the month. If this is not the case, then please check your phone settings for a limit or restrictions set by your phone under settings and then internet settings. Welcome to public mobile and I hope that this helps you.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Sabina1 

I'm assuming you have a typo in the date....or you have come from the future and can I have the winning lotto 6/49 numbers please?

Ok...all kidding aside. Which plan do you have? Are you referring to the 2GBBONUS promocode recurring bonus plan data? Or the holiday gift bonus 2gb data add on? Can you log into your account and look on your overview page at the bottom left and tell us if you can see your plan data counter and/or the holiday 2gb data bonus data counter?

Or if it's the 2gb of bonus recurring plan data look for it on the right side of your overview page under " my promotions". If it is blank then you have not recieved it. If it is listed and you see:   2GB Bonus Data.....2048MB/2048MB  (unlimited)  Then you have consumed all of your plan data and your bonus plan data.

If you cannot see your plan data counter then you have consumed your plan data. Or if the holiday 2gb bonus data and counter are missing you have consumed it already. If its all there then you have another issue....try checking your phone settings and see if your data limiter is enabled.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Sabina1 

Try switching to WCDMA/3G-only mode on your phone to see if the problem is resolved by that.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Sabina1   Try login to self-serve My Account, there should be a line about your data under My data & Add-on on the overview tab, it will tell you how much data you have used and how much left.

If you do not see such a line, it is possible all data are used.  

This could be possible.  new phone tends to have more update to catch up, more app to install , and data restored.  Could it be you used them all by accident? 

Your phone should have a Mobile Usage page, it should how you how much you have used and which app used the data, confirm if you have already used all the data already.

Or some phone has Data Limit setup and could stop the data usage once the limit is reached.  This is a device level setup, maybe you have set up a very low limit and it reached the limit?  Check it there as well.

Let us know if that helps

Need Help? Let's chat.