cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline to Cell Phone not connecting

lag
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can not call my Cell Phone from my Landline, but I can call my cell phone from another cell phone.

11 REPLIES 11

for example:

softech_0-1642230140550.png

@softech 

Lol...there's filters?

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@darlicious  but one thing i like the new search.. the search has a date filter.. you can now not just sort by most recent but also filter by post like one day , one week or so.. so, the search is not too bad

the author field is gone from the filter. but there is a trick.

@softech 

Do you know how long it took me to find that thread? This new design makes it extremely difficult to search for certain threads without specific keywords. At least before I would at least know the board it was in...I mean who looks at the tags on a post? Its a nightmare to search for anything specific....lipstick on a pig is still a .....?!!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

It could be an issue on the sender side, the provider of the sender

just could days ago, someone whose home phone with Acanac cannot call his PM phone.  Turn out Acanac mistakenly put that PM number as its internal number and hence the calls never got routed out of Acanac.  The user has been on PM and Acanac homephone for long time.  Just out of the blue Acanac got the number mixed up.   

Of course OP issue could be different, just won't know without having more info ..  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@lag 

It would be nice to have more info in regards to the issue you are having and the message you have recieved. But perhaps it is similar to this members issue and lies in hour landline providers settings for your account.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Obtenir-de-l-aide/The-number-you-are-calling-is-tempo...

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@lag wrote:

I can not call my Cell Phone from my Landline, but I can call my cell phone from another cell phone.

@lag  can your landline call other Public Mobile numbers?

Can you try your SIM card into another cell phone and try calling from the landline again?

Check that your landline is added as a contact in your cell phone. IF not, than maybe your cell phone settings is set to accept only calls from your contact list.

If all other troubleshooting is not working, I would suggest to call your landline provider and ask them to make a call to your cell phone. See how their test goes. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@lag 

What is the message you get when you call your cellphone from your landline?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@lag which landlines provider you have?

did you just activate and  port in your number ?  if just ported into PM yesterday or last 2 days, it could be an issue just temporary.. give us more info..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lag 

When you call what messages do you hear!

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

To get the obvious out of the way...you used ( +1 or 1 ) in front of the any area code,

for Example long distance in canada or from USA,, Add (+1 or 1 ) in front of the any area code,
1416xxxxxxx,
or
+1416xxxxxxx,
both is will going through your call...

Good luck and enjoy the service..

Meow
Mayor / Maire

What do you mean you 'cannot call'? Cell does not ring at all? Call goes directly to voice mail?

What about calling from different land line - can you make a call?

Did you accidentally block that land line number?

Need Help? Let's chat.