cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem: Received calls go straight to voice-mail

ioncewasaninja
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@CS_Agent 

People Calling me claim that they can not get through to me most times.  It goes straight to voice-mail or rings until it goes to voice mail.  It does not ring on my side.  I have restarted my phone and it still happens.

What should I do to fix this?

7 REPLIES 7

@ioncewasaninja 

Can you try to change the Preferred network type or network mode to 3G Only and see if it helps?

ioncewasaninja

@softech 

Unfortunately those steps did not help.  I noticed I got a worse signal in the basement of 100 dBm and so I went outside and got 84 dBm.

The same issues stick persists.  I did not move or transfer from another provider.  This phone has worked in this spot for 2+ years and his not been dropped physically either.  Could it be an issue with the local tower?

ioncewasaninja

Unfortunately those steps did not help.  I noticed I got a worse signal in the basement of 100 dBm and so I went outside and got 84 dBm.

The same issues stick persists.  I did not move or transfer from another provider.  This phone has worked in this spot for 2+ years and his not been dropped physically either.  Could it be an issue with the local tower?

@ioncewasaninja wrote:

@softechI have been a customer of public mobile for over 5 years and have not ported in or out at that time.  I have it on auto renew.

@ioncewasaninja  @grumpynotechie   

did you follow the steps on my posts above ( the section: if you are not new to PM) any of those steps help?  If not, then open ticket with PM Support for further help:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

grumpynotechie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is my problem as well.  Waiting for tech support call from Telus ( re TV not phone), phone never rang, their call was sent direct to message, no help for me!

ioncewasaninja

@softechI have been a customer of public mobile for over 5 years and have not ported in or out at that time.  I have it on auto renew.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ioncewasaninja 

did you just join PM and requested porting your number into PM ? 

If you are porting your number, did you reply a text to your old provider and reply YES within 90 mins?  If you miss that, the porting was not completed and hence you are not receiving incoming calls.  There is a number you can call to talk to live support and re-trigger the process.  I will message you the number, please check your Community inbox, envelope icon on top right

if you are not new to PM, incoming calls and text were working fine before and just not working now, try to :

• reboot your phone once.  
  • reseat your sim card (Power down the phone, take sim card out for a minute, then put it back and power up)
  • change your Preferred Network Type or Network Mode on your phone to 3G Only (or WCDMA)
  • Try to click Reset all networks and see if it helps (please note it will also delete your saved Wifi connections, but you can easily add them back later)
  • if you have another phone, put your sim card in that other phone and test
  • use your phone in another area, it could be a local network issue
Need Help? Let's chat.