cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Previous phone carrier name changed

Voon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When asked to pick the previous carrier name for transferring # over to Public Mobile, it didn't have my exiting carrier (Simply Connect) but the old one Sears, so i picked Sears, would it effected for transferring the # over to Public Mobile?

6 REPLIES 6

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

Probably not needed at this point but according to Simply Connect's website "Cityfone, operated by  Rogers Communications Canada Inc., is the reseller, biller and wireless service provider for the SimplyConnect program...."

@Handy1 wrote:

@Voon  I’ll send you the porting team number private message as we not allowed to post it here for status update . They can re trigger the port request to if needed and give them the proper info 

I'm not sure that the request has failed and believe that the OP has just finishing submitting the request.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Voon  I’ll send you the porting team number private message as we not allowed to post it here for status update . They can re trigger the port request to if needed and give them the proper info 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Voon , I tried doing a search for Sears in the community, I could not find any hits.  If Simply Connect is not on the list, then give Sears a try.  I would suggest getting a temporary number first when activating the service.  This way you will have a fully functional service on this end without concern of number porting affecting the activation.  Do the number porting as a second step.  

@Voon wrote:

When asked to pick the previous carrier name for transferring # over to Public Mobile, it didn't have my exiting carrier (Simply Connect) but the old one Sears, so i picked Sears, would it effected for transferring the # over to Public Mobile?

This is just a selection so that Public Mobile knows who to send the request to.  Public Mobile can actually see who the carrier is not matter which selection is made.  Picking the name that they used to use shouldnt' be an issue.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

That's something it may be a "Trial and Error" situation. But if you have any problems, we can always send you the number to the porting team via your private messages.

Need Help? Let's chat.