cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post moved but blocked to access - why?

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Sometimes posts are moved showing a link but when clicking on the link the following message in red appears --

(1).
You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

(2) 
You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

19 REPLIES 19

BEER

Very sorry but I can't seem to find these "existing posts" would you kindly direct me to them for me to peruse.  If in fact I have duplicated posts kindly accept my sincerest apologies.

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BEER weird things happen around here.. I was blocked from posting or replying.. could still read and bravo posts.. asked for an explanation on various occasions.. from CSA.. not one response.. different issue.. still a head scratcher….

@BEER  

To be honest, nothing changed in terms of whether you can close you Community account or whether you can delete your own posts since last time you asked 

As you know, we are all customers here.  We can try to offer workarounds and not change the system

One thing you can do to delete the posts.  Go back to each post, click the down arrow on the top right, click Edit Message or Edit reply , then you can delete the content of it.  (or maybe replace with couple dots, as blank messages might not be allowed on the system)

It is a lot of work, but it is doable

HI @BEER 

you were probably too busy and forgotten.  You asked the same question before!!

for closing the Community account, you asked and it is still opened.  Maybe you can discuss that further on that thread

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/The-Lounge/Can-a-community-account-be-closed/td-p/853...

Beer,

You have aleeady asked those same questions multiple times.  Please continue those discussions in your existing threads.

BEER

One post was simply.    "Why is there no provision to delete/remove community accounts ???????"

Click on the following links.

Return to my original page

Return to my original page

Disclosing multiple member community accounts.

@BEER wrote:

No - As soon as I posted the questions they were moved by  computergeek541Beer_0-1669048232296.png

Posts that were almost immediately removed as follows.

• Why is there no provision to delete/remove community accounts ???????
  • Multiple Community accounts is frowned upon !?!?

@BEER  What was the topic you posted?  Maybe something you or your family have already posted?

btw, is this post from @rewards about the same thing you are trying to ask?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/How-may-posts-be-archived/td-p/907153

@rewards wrote:

Privacy and also a way to eliminate those that should not have accounts that are not tied in to a phone plan.

HI@rewards   

What privacy concern?  We all know once posts on posted, they are online

The system does have ways to remove posts automatically or Oracle and CS agent can help to remove contents with privacy concern, like phone numbers, account numbers, address, IMEI etc.   

I dont think you leaked any of your own information  in any of your posts  🙂

HI@rewards   

You should know all posts on any forum are public before you post it

I do not think Oracle will help with that.  Oracle are mandated to only move redundant posts or posts that are inappropriate, they are not there to help us to move posts we don't want it anymore

I believe your family have asked the same question before.  Maybe @BEER can share the post he put on before

rewards
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Privacy and also a way to eliminate those that should not have accounts that are not tied in to a phone plan.

rewards

So if a member no longer wants their posts public the may ask a Oracle member to do so - this seems to be a good option if one no longer has an active plan tied to their community account.

You cannot archive your own post nor delete them.

'Archiving' means post are inappropriate, offensive, redundant (posting an 'answer' next day) or ara contrary to PM's posting rules.

Why would you like to archive your own posts? They are part of Community knowledge database.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@BEER wrote:

No - As soon as I posted the questions they were moved by  computergeek541

That Oracle is usually doing clean up of redundant, offensive or irrelevant posts moving them to archive.

Happened to me few times and I i general agree with his/her decision.

HI@rewards 

No, the archive posts are not archived for saving storage space.  Oracles moved them away as they are redundant  or the topics/wordings are inappropirate

rewards

I have read that archived posts are not accessible by general members. Can a member archive their own posts or do they have to request CS to do so?

BEER

No - As soon as I posted the questions they were moved by  computergeek541Beer_0-1669048232296.png

Posts that were almost immediately removed as follows.

• Why is there no provision to delete/remove community accounts ???????
  • Multiple Community accounts is frowned upon !?!?

@softech wrote:

@BEER  

was your post here?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/premod/moderationitemspage/tab/rejected

No I don't think this is it.  The links are pointing to an archive.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Community members do not have access to posts that are archived.  

Need Help? Let's chat.