cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I quit

nate00l
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Well my days with this company are coming to an end, i need a human to communicate with and public mobile can't provide one.  My subscription keeps changing and there's no contact info for a human. I submit a ticket and have never received a response and it says I get 20 gigs of data but it goes faster than my 5 gigs from a different service provider.   It even gets used up when everything's turned off on my phone and there's no one to talk to about it.  So I gave public mobile 7 months and have still never talked to a human.  So I'm all done here. Not that anyone that works here will contact me....this is probably 100% bot operated anyway.   .... Jokes on me I suppose

6 REPLIES 6

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I always say the Pros work out the Cons here. 

Sure the Network absolutely sucks in some aspects, but in others it's the best in Canada, improvements are only to be made going forward. 

Contacting a Customer Support Agent has been unsuccessful for you?

Kicks
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Try to check, as some people here have said, on your data consumption as calculated by your mobile device. I too feel PM uses your data faster but it’s because it’s usually faster than other providers (well, in my case). 
I’m almost always on my phone and since it takes less time to download/refresh something, I am prone to consume more of my data. 
Maybe in your case it’s different but I just moved to PM and the decision was easy; all providers have something bad, you just choose whichever has the one you are more confortable dealing with. (Ex: some have high prices, others no telephone customer service, others bad reception, some all of it😂, etc.)

If you still decide to quit, I hope you find a plan that fits your needs but I just came from two other companies one with telephone customer service and the other one virtual and both were worse than PM. 

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

You can get human support, but it's via private message, not via phone.

And I can confidently say that your device gobbling data is a device issue, not a service provider issue. But you'll find that out soon enough if you leave for greener pastures.

How are you determining that your data is being used? Is Public Mobile sending you text notifications? Are you logging into your account to check? Or do you have a data warning or block set on your device? If you can help us with a few details, we can probably help direct you better. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@nate00l PM support is all online, a model that might not fit everyone.

However, have you ever open ticket with support? they reply via Community inbox within reasonable time.

But if this model does not work for you, you might want to check with Koodo or Telus , they both have traidtional helpdesk support

As to data, honest, PM's data tracking is usually accurate.  did you use your device tracker to confirm the usage? Both Android and iPhone has some kind of tracker, except there is slightly more work with iPhone (you need to reset statistics manually every cycle)

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@nate00l  Check usage like this 

Try again incognito/private mode

And or lap top /computer

OR

simply try refreshing the page to check data plan / mins / add ons

Handy1_0-1689820243664.jpeg

For most up to date account info

but all support is online . If you want to submit ticket . Here’s how 

message support directly

while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.