cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting time query

Cura
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just switched to Public Mobile from Fido and made the port request, I authorized the port and my Fido line went dead.

I submitted a ticket to support and they told me it could take up to 3 hours, but it's been over 14 now and I still don't have my number, and the number listed in my profile is still showing as the temporary number. 

I did submit a new ticket, but I'm curious if anyone else has had long waits like this and how long it took them ultimately to finish.

6 REPLIES 6

Jotoronto

I just ported from Fido to Public Mobile myself yesterday and the port took 30 miniues after I responded to the text from Fido 

szu
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Cura wrote:

The plan was originally an e-sim plan, but after failed activation support had me get a physical sim and it became active with a randomly assigned number. After that, I asked support to port over my Fido number and proceeded to authorize it. Fido gave me the port request and I replied YES, the Fido line died an hour later. 

Still waiting 15 hours later but the phone works completely fine calling and texting, data and all, but with the randomly assigned number. I tried calling my old number and it gets the automatic reply "This number is not in service."

@Cura 

There is the Telus team porting team phone number.  They can help with porting issues. I will private message you that number to check the status of the port.  

Cura

Yes, I do it every few hours. complete shutdown, removal, boot up, shutdown, insert sim, reboot, and check by calling out / calling my number. That and normal reboots, and checking my profile on the account to see my current number.

Cura

The plan was originally an e-sim plan, but after failed activation support had me get a physical sim and it became active with a randomly assigned number. After that, I asked support to port over my Fido number and proceeded to authorize it. Fido gave me the port request and I replied YES, the Fido line died an hour later. 

Still waiting 15 hours later but the phone works completely fine calling and texting, data and all, but with the randomly assigned number. I tried calling my old number and it gets the automatic reply "This number is not in service."

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Cura   Have you rebooted the phone with the PM sim in it?  In my case it took just minutes.

szu
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Cura 

Normally, a port from another mobile company should be completed within a few hours.  Looks like something went wrong with your port.  Did you activate a physical or eSIM?  If physical SIM card, what happens when you put the PM SIM card in your phone?  Are you able to dial out, text out?  incoming texts or calls?

You will likely need to wait for CSA response.  You should get a response within the next few hours. 

Need Help? Let's chat.